Where does WC rate?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Critique pleez?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Dude has always been big on The West Coast. I don't know about out East.

CLASSICS.........

The Madd Circle album was really slept on. One of my favorite albums.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    The Madd Circle album was really slept on. One of my favorite albums.

the Low Profile gets a fair bit of love these days, but it wasnt always like that (here anyway). It must be down to business savy, after all heaps of other people he has worked with have gone on to have huge careers, and for my money he is/was better than all of them in all aspects of the rap singing game.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does he predate Snoop with the singing lyrics steez?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mixmaster Spade was the first to use the rap/sing style on the west coast.....Rodney O was next.....I'm pretty sure WC picked up the style after Snoop and Domino made it popular.

WC is a west coast legend.... He's probably never got the credit he deserves as an MC because most younger fans were introduced to him through the whole C-Walk craze.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Hot fiyah! YOU DON'T WORKAAAAAA YOU DON'T EATTTTTTTTTTT A!

edpowers said:
    Mixmaster Spade was the first to use the rap/sing style on the west coast.....

No doubt. The joint. Joe Cooley on the cuts.............

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i always considred WC as the west coast G-rap as far as killer flow and early classics but not getting the recognition he deserved

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Classic West Coast MC - OG veteran - Mad Circle was Great, Low profile too.
    He was also a part of West Side Connection with Cube and Mack 10.

He did see mainstream succes eventually with all the exposure he got in the end doing his crip walk on stage during the Up In Smoke tour- just stayed a little on the underground side of things as an mc.

I guess you'd place him somewhere above kokane and below Del the Funky Homo sapien on the West Coast MC Recognition Meter, somewhere near Mc Breeze. Getting in so early with Low Pro gave him a lot of edge, not a lot of mainstream succes.
    However, :real_headz:

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    edpowers said:
    Mixmaster Spade was the first to use the rap/sing style on the west coast.....

No doubt. The joint. Joe Cooley on the cuts.............

inna summerjam stylee!

i think wc has more fame than people are eluding to. tho i didnt really didnt care for anything outside of low profile.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've been vocal for my love of WC on here before and suspect I am pretty much the only person who rides for Guilty By Affiliation. Having said that, while most of his new album is forgettable, I love this on some throwback shit:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    any WC mixes floating around?

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Are we talking about WC Fields, or WC Handy?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    west siuh for liuh niuh

and one of my favorite Mannie Fresh beats

When did the Westside connect first connect?

Like the video above on each others albums and then as a full group?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Westside slaughterhouse ...the 3rd single on Mack 10's first album

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Junior said:
    I've been vocal for my love of WC on here before and suspect I am pretty much the only person who rides for Guilty By Affiliation.
    I'm with you, that was my favorite rapp album of the year when it came out. That 3rd verse on "Keep It 100" is one his all-time best.

And I always felt he was channeling E-40 with his verse here:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Scott said:
    Junior said:
    I've been vocal for my love of WC on here before and suspect I am pretty much the only person who rides for Guilty By Affiliation.
    I'm with you, that was my favorite rapp album of the year when it came out. That 3rd verse on "Keep It 100" is one his all-time best.

And I always felt he was channeling E-40 with his verse here:

Ah I stand corrected Scott, was too busy being dazzled by the Rick Rock beats to consider it at the time but it's kept on cropping up in the albums I'd return to far longer than I expected. Four years ago already though, damn. You heard his new one yet? Not grabbing me at the moment but will give it a bit of time as it's WC....