Japan Tsunami/Equake Affecting Japanese Buyers For Austin Record Show

esskayesskay 221 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Will be a first time seller w/a friend @ Austin Record Show w/3 tables of nice goodies. Question: Will the recent events in Japan affect the Japanese buyers that normally make the show. Most of my buyers are from Tokyo & Osaka but just wanted thoughts f/all.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    esskay said:
    Will be a first time seller w/a friend @ Austin Record Show w/3 tables of nice goodies. Question: Will the recent events in Japan affect the Japanese buyers that normally make the show. Most of my buyers are from Tokyo & Osaka but just wanted thoughts f/all.

This is a real insensitive thread. For fucks sake mate.

B

• I dunno. I think it's a healthy thing for Japanese people who can, to carry on with some sense of normalcy.

And if that means attending record shows, welcome to them!

I do believe that the exchange rate is very favorable for Japanese people to spend US money since the disaster. If that's one little bit of help for them, great!

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    esskay - 12 April 2011 11:33 PM

This is a real insensitive thread. For fucks sake mate.

B

Sheep-we met here in Cali & apologize if you mistook this for bad taste. I also have a lot of friends there through records, SGI, etc & my thoughts are with these folks in Japan. Music is the healer for all.

• Options
    I'm reminded of this:

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    esskay said:
    esskay - 12 April 2011 11:33 PM
    Sheep-we met here in Cali & apologize if you mistook this for bad taste. I also have a lot of friends there through records, SGI, etc & my thoughts are with these folks in Japan. Music is the healer for all.

my bad, maybe took it the wrong way; Japanese people and society are quite resilient in these times, and if anything they will come back a lot stronger... I hope the fair goes well! ya'll should definitely look out for the Japanese heads at the fair guys!

peace.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    There were many Japanese collectors / dealers around at the Utrecht fair last weekend. But in this business you should always be aware that circumstances might affect the business. Whether it's a strike, a terrorist action, spreading fevers etc. etc. I feel really sorry for those who lost everything they had in Japan making me think how luxurous it is collecting records.