Who Here Rocks a Regular dj Night?

beatstew72beatstew72 314 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Coming up on our 9 year anniversary doing Hipshaker in Minneapolis. It's exciting! were weekly the first few years but moved it to once a month.
in the first few years i was a dancing freak. now i've been gaining a few pounds and keep the shaking to a minimum.

i could see myself doing this with a walker at 90

Comments

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    does a radio show count?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    '96-'00 two weekly nights in NYC and a monthly in Philly from '97-'00

'00-'05 twice-a-month night in Berlin (which has been continued by a friend and is still going strong to today)

'05-'08 sporadic nights in Conakry, Guinea, sometimes weekly but with long brakes due to not being home half the time.

'08-present sporadic nights in NYC, I'm out of town too much to hold down a regular night and also have begun to enjoy recreational listening at home way more that spinning at a club. Having always promoted my own nights, I don't feel like spending my nights going out, passing around flyers to people half my age...

Gotta respect my friend Mr. Finewine who's been doing a weekly at the same spot for 16 years now!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Soul and reggae night, 10 years this September.
    Took me eight years to expand the format beyond 1980.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    We are celebrating 10 years of Soul Stew at the Goodfoot on April 22nd. I haven't been a regular for 5 years but will be there spinning for the party.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    just celebrated one year of a weekly on tuesday nights in my hometown. Feels good....

• escoe said:
    does a radio show count?

why not...tall us about it

congrats Sticky...one year does feel good.

where you at Wu? where's Soul Stew (city)?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I do a minimum of 3 gigs a week, but sometimes it's up to 6 or 7 a week... definitely more like a job than a hobby thesedays... find it harder to enjoy music, that's for sure...

b

• Been doing a monthly for about 9 or so months now. Maybe longer. But I've been spinning out since I turned 21, so it's a lil over 2 years now.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    9 years already? i'm still trying to fit in the 5th year anniversary t-shirt!

and yes, i rock a regular night. about 5 or so currently....

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I play disco monthly at the gay bar by my house. That's about it these days.