what the hell just happened?

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
hey...that thread was important and fun.i dont get it?we were just starting to get somewhere?IF WE KEEP DELEATING THREADS AROUND HERE THIS PLACE IS GOING TO GET BORING.mY cRaZy FiNgErS cAnT sToP tYpInG.... AND IM haviNG TROUBLE WIth my cAP LOCKS TOO.

Comments

• Ban

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i was getting ready to post this:

Ugh. Making a list of banned words is getting on a slippery slope that will take a lot of the color out of this place.

If someone writes something that is offenseive to you (or someone you feel like speaking for) step up and check them! If you are unable to do this (on a fucking message board no less), you deserve to be offended until you learn to stand up!!! [/b]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    echos of summer yams. Sorry, Sweet Potatos.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Hah. I was going to second the motion for a spell check.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    and for fuck's sake...hold up a little with that delete trigger, my man! damn.

• echos of summer yams. Sorry, Sweet Potatos.

what happened in that thread to make M delete it?

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was going to sit and see how many times my name came up

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Flat Threaded Mode Threaded Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all) On_the_Red_Clay acetate jumpoff Reged: 03/16/04 Posts: 868 Loc: koozbane Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coffinjoe] #405326 - 08/12/05 10:35 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote CAPS LOCK DAYS AND TIMES. THIS THREAD IS NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS- THE MOST IMPORTANT BEING MYLATENCY'S LACK OF TACT WHEN NEEDED. MY 2. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post BATMON acetate jumpoff Reged: 03/19/05 Posts: 814 Loc: South Bronx NYC / I got a plasma tv so I can see the Pacers play basketball!!! Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coselmed] #405343 - 08/12/05 10:55 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). aw come on, do i alwayz haf 2 b checkin' meye ebo-knicks. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post hcrink Super Special Dude Reged: 11/19/03 Posts: 9270 Loc: The wise digger knows not to ignore anything on the 70s underground jazz label Muse. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: mylatency] #405350 - 08/12/05 10:59 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Saying, just trying to keep this place tidy! Just a gentle reminder: Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. You can have fun but keep in mind: This site gets a BUNCH of traffic, mostly driven by the positive record related discussion, records for sale, and announcements. thanks, M Is this why you deleted my Summer Yams post? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post coselmed Studio Carpet Reged: 11/04/03 Posts: 1857 Loc: "Busy already being black..." Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: BATMON] #405352 - 08/12/05 11:02 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). aw come on, do i alwayz haf 2 b checkin' meye ebo-knicks. I took a class on Black Vernacular English in college (seriously)...Like any dialect, there are still rules, dammit! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post LaserWolf Studio Carpet Reged: 11/06/03 Posts: 1961 Loc: Portland, south of Seattle north of San Francisco Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coselmed] #405355 - 08/12/05 11:04 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Frankly, I'd be all for banning: nigga fag gay ghey and yes folks, even bitch It's all pretty juvenile, no matter how cleverly ironic people think they're being. This said, I also think that maybe the board should self-moderate on this sort of thing (unless Raj wants to install text filters) Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). I stand acused. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Hotsauce84 connoasseur Reged: 11/12/03 Posts: 2155 Loc: Too Strong, AZ Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coselmed] #405367 - 08/12/05 11:12 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Frankly, I'd be all for banning: nigga fag gay ghey and yes folks, even bitch It's all pretty juvenile, no matter how cleverly ironic people think they're being. This said, I also think that maybe the board should self-moderate on this sort of thing (unless Raj wants to install text filters) Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). Does this mean we'll have to add Moist to the Soulstrut Casualties list? Man, I miss him allreddee. Hurm Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Salary_Diz 9.99 jawn Reged: 01/27/05 Posts: 334 Loc: don't say that i tell u what does cmhwak means Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Hotsauce84] #405423 - 08/12/05 12:17 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote oh jesus christ everybody. IT'S FUCKING FRIDAY! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post soulrez Studio Carpet Reged: 07/27/04 Posts: 1678 Loc: Dancing to good music, while partying or cruising with good people, was never a crime, yet this lifestyle and music continues to fascinate or intimidate people all over the World. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Salary_Diz] #405454 - 08/12/05 12:47 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: A BITCH IS A BITCH Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post TREW yes homo Reged: 11/01/03 Posts: 3550 Loc: on some eric b shit, like '"what happened to peace?" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405458 - 08/12/05 12:53 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Guzzo Modern Jew Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 3472 Loc: Meet me in Chicago around a family diner and i'll explain you. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: TREW] #405464 - 08/12/05 01:01 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? quite unfany. This thread was a bad idea. I kind of wish my original thread was still up. It wasn't attacking anybody and stated why I am not a fan of throwing the word fag around. Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Dubious Studio Carpet Reged: 11/05/03 Posts: 1747 Loc: A DJ???s sweat is the most potent aphrodisiac that modern times have ever seen Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405470 - 08/12/05 01:04 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE has anybody thought that maybe THAT isnt a good look for the strut??? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post soulrez Studio Carpet Reged: 07/27/04 Posts: 1678 Loc: Dancing to good music, while partying or cruising with good people, was never a crime, yet this lifestyle and music continues to fascinate or intimidate people all over the World. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405471 - 08/12/05 01:04 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winstons, it was def a moment... Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post hcrink Super Special Dude Reged: 11/19/03 Posts: 9270 Loc: The wise digger knows not to ignore anything on the 70s underground jazz label Muse. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405473 - 08/12/05 01:05 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winstons, it was def a moment... Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Salary_Diz 9.99 jawn Reged: 01/27/05 Posts: 334 Loc: don't say that i tell u what does cmhwak means Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Dubious] #405476 - 08/12/05 01:07 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND FUNGI CULTURES Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post SouthCrackalack loser big time Reged: 03/24/04 Posts: 2020 Loc: pouched for freshness Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405477 - 08/12/05 01:08 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winstons, it was def a moment... I havent smoked a fag since 1998 Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post spaceghost 9.99 jawn Reged: 03/05/05 Posts: 234 Loc: i do not come to you as a reality, i come to you as a myth. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405480 - 08/12/05 01:11 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winston ' s, it was def a moment... you smoked winston's what? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post soulrez Studio Carpet Reged: 07/27/04 Posts: 1678 Loc: Dancing to good music, while partying or cruising with good people, was never a crime, yet this lifestyle and music continues to fascinate or intimidate people all over the World. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: spaceghost] #405482 - 08/12/05 01:13 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winston ' s, it was def a moment... you smoked winston's what? ok, ok, we didnt listen to that lp, we actually listened to one of the tightest cd's i heard in a minute, i mean im on the east coast & for those brief moments of sound, i was back home smelling asada & gun smoke... anyone ever been to impalaville? it's a big fuckin city... Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405483 - 08/12/05 01:13 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? quite unfany. This thread was a bad idea. I kind of wish my original thread was still up. It wasn't attacking anybody and stated why I am not a fan of throwing the word fag around. Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted Wait, you wish the thread you made was back, and this one was deleted? Sheeeeyit, we should just start calling it guzzostrut Before anyone starts throwing around gay bashing and homophobe, I really want to know what it is that any of you do to help the Gay community. Other than policing language on a messageboard about records. Seriously, I mean I'm all down with whatever Rick & Mark & Dave & Anna & Danno want to do with the board, but a lot of yall need to get out the glass houses before throwing stones. Can we have a productive discussion about activism? Does anyone have anything to contribute on that level? I am not offended by language. I am much more offended by posturing. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post peacefulrotation Tonobungay Reged: 02/22/04 Posts: 4666 Loc: halfway Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: hcrink] #405484 - 08/12/05 01:14 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Saying, just trying to keep this place tidy! Just a gentle reminder: Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. You can have fun but keep in mind: This site gets a BUNCH of traffic, mostly driven by the positive record related discussion, records for sale, and announcements. thanks, M Is this why you deleted my Summer Yams post? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post the3rdstream yes homo Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 3303 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405487 - 08/12/05 01:16 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted some of the dudes on here let there secret ignorant hick come out and play, i really don't care what "hip hop culture" has to say about it, using fag and gay as a negative is straight up wrong, no matter how many gay friends you have, and yes there are gay stutters and yes it upsets them there is no need for a text censor or that type shit, the problem would take care of it's self if dudes one here would act their age when it comes to this Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Salary_Diz 9.99 jawn Reged: 01/27/05 Posts: 334 Loc: don't say that i tell u what does cmhwak means Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: the3rdstream] #405489 - 08/12/05 01:17 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote I just checked my watch, and yup, ITS STILL FUCKING FRIDAY, PEOPLE! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: hcrink] #405491 - 08/12/05 01:17 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Saying, just trying to keep this place tidy! Just a gentle reminder: Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. You can have fun but keep in mind: This site gets a BUNCH of traffic, mostly driven by the positive record related discussion, records for sale, and announcements. thanks, M Is this why you deleted my Summer Yams post? HIDE THE REST OF THE YAMS IN MY AUNTIE HOUSE Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post ehuffman Wall of Fame Reged: 11/02/03 Posts: 1168 Loc: I think I'd be haunted by the ghost of a murdered penis Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405493 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote boom boom clap Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post peacefulrotation Tonobungay Reged: 02/22/04 Posts: 4666 Loc: halfway Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405494 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote I think the term "Sweet Potatoes" is more acceptable, except in certain small towns. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Dubious Studio Carpet Reged: 11/05/03 Posts: 1747 Loc: A DJ???s sweat is the most potent aphrodisiac that modern times have ever seen Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405496 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: I am not offended by language. I am much more offended by posturing. spoken Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post anthonypearson econo bloodstool Reged: 03/05/04 Posts: 3058 Loc: st. elmos fire po box 1761 venice ca. 90294 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: the3rdstream] #405498 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. LATR DAYZ AP Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Young_Phonics Wall of Fame Reged: 05/15/05 Posts: 1006 Loc: "Hey Phonics, Step the fuck back for a second" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Salary_Diz] #405499 - 08/12/05 01:20 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: I just checked my watch, and yup, ITS STILL FUCKING FRIDAY, PEOPLE! exactly. AND IM DOING A HALF-DAY AND IM PICKING UP A SUIT AND IM DEEJAYING ALL THIS WEEKEND AND IMMA GET SOME CUT-UP. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: anthonypearson] #405501 - 08/12/05 01:22 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. LATR DAYZ AP Damn Anthony, and I had my snipe set for $132.87 on that Jay McShann! Come ON.........!!!!!!! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Young_Phonics Wall of Fame Reged: 05/15/05 Posts: 1006 Loc: "Hey Phonics, Step the fuck back for a second" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405503 - 08/12/05 01:24 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. LATR DAYZ AP Damn Anthony, and I had my snipe set for $132.87 on that Jay McShann Bob James 3! Come ON.........!!!!!!! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Guzzo Modern Jew Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 3472 Loc: Meet me in Chicago around a family diner and i'll explain you. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405505 - 08/12/05 01:25 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Quote: whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? quite unfany. This thread was a bad idea. I kind of wish my original thread was still up. It wasn't attacking anybody and stated why I am not a fan of throwing the word fag around. Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted Wait, you wish the thread you made was back, and this one was deleted? Sheeeeyit, we should just start calling it guzzostrut Before anyone starts throwing around gay bashing and homophobe, I really want to know what it is that any of you do to help the Gay community. Other than policing language on a messageboard about records. Seriously, I mean I'm all down with whatever Rick & Mark & Dave & Anna & Danno want to do with the board, but a lot of yall need to get out the glass houses before throwing stones. Can we have a productive discussion about activism? Does anyone have anything to contribute on that level? I am not offended by language. I am much more offended by posturing. I too am offended by posturing and I think all those fools complaining about all other types of hate but saying its cool to bash and make slurs on gay folks here need to check themselves. If you look earlier in this thread you'll see that I said I don't want words like fag, bitch, and nigger banned from this site because they all have thier different contexts and need to be free to use for those reasons. I don't think however that I shouldn't be able to challenge people who use the word fag. It's my perogative(?) to do so and I will continue to do so until someone starts calling for the banning of people with different ideas. And JP as for what I do to help the gay community, I do my best not to participate in the bashing of it and try to point out hypocracies of people who cry out about prejudice of certain cultures and communities while putting down others. And I'm going to guess you didn't read the original post I put up. It was not offensive, in a nutshell I stated why I think Fag is such a hateful term and since folks only seem to care about issues like this when you put a personal spin on them, I mentioined how my (bisexual) friend CS Muncy, back when I was going to UNLV, grabbed the attentiion of the Rev. Fred Phelps who came down to the university to protest his actions with "God Hates Fags" signs in hand and followers by his side. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post grandpa_shig Little Dude Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 6191 Loc: MAKIN BITCH MOVEZ IN THE FAKE WORLD Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405508 - 08/12/05 01:27 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: oh brother indeed. Shig for some reason has got real brave and decided to put out some vendetta against me from across a computer screen for some shit that doesn't, and never did, involve him. It frustrated me especially since I thought we were cool with each other and had hung out a bit. I even called him with some personal shit a while back because I thought of him as a friend. It hit me pretty hard when I realized that he really had nothing but a harsh shit to say and think about me. Over time I noticed little words here and there as well as just a general bad attitude towards me from him and decided to leave him be for the time. Now as for my "little crusade" against the free use of the word "fag" on this site. I caught quite a few folks using it and for the most part it dind't bother me cause most of the people using it know its a fucked up word and use other fucked up words too. (AKA they ain't contradicting themselves) However I saw Shig use it a whole lot (usually as the word art-fag) and then I caught him trying to pull off some "no it's ok" I'm really gay and I know gay people" type-routine as if that justified it. I think anytime you try to justify throwing around a slur youre really playing yourself. Especially when you enter into another thread about the word "Jap" and make your position known as to how hurtful and hate-filled that term is. What further frustrated me is how he went ahead and ressurected a dead beef I had with someone we both know as if he had a stake in it. Then he got personal on attacks which I find to be some serious bullshit. I'm all about handling this correctly whether its talking it out, not talking on one another at all, or whatever. Really though I am not having any fun defending this and I don't understand why its become such a defended term. People on here other than me have stated a problem with it and I think that should be enough. well hello frisco! alright, first off plaese show me where i said it was ok for me to say fag cuz i am one or i know one. come on dude, your just making unfounded accusations now. find it and i will apologize for it. second, your issues with drez does involve me. drez asked me about you. i said you were cool. then you pull some dumb shit like demanding to dj his night and shit, which was a bad move . then you start threatening him physically. which, i dont know if that's pure comedy or just plain guzzo stupidity. in any case, i vouched for you. and then i had to go back to drez and apologize for your actions. that is how it involves me. as far as the beef being old or dead. maybe for you, punkin. and dude, you just got on this art-fag rant cuz you so want to cup my balls and cuddle. here's what i remember as you coming out of the trees at me with some "you throw the word "fag" around a duragatory way and talk about women like pieces of meat". i mean, really. http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=384606&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=13&vc=1 oh, and jonny, i've volunteered for the AIDS project SF, PRIDE SF, pink saturdays, taught kids media studies at LYRIC [it's a gay youth thing], Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: Guzzo] #405519 - 08/12/05 01:40 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote You're right, I did not see the post. I was not on the internet except for a brief bit yesterday (advisable to one and all... get off the internet!). I'm not challenging you personally Adam to do something concrete, activism-wise... that is a noble thing to do, for sure... Yo Adam you goof around a lot on some gay shit. I don't think, in the abstract, it's any cooler to "fag around" (yes, this is common parlance for straight guys acting "gay" for kicks) than it is to say a certain word or whatever. It makes light of a perfectly legitimate and beautiful lifestyle/sexuality/etc. But my point has ALWAYS been: this is a message board. Let people express themselves. And like I said earlier, if everyone regulated themselves a little bit more it wouldn't be a problem. Anthony says: Say what you want, but I think you sound like a high school locker room. OK, I can deal with that. I think Anthony sounds like a tart on the short bus with a constant internet link. That's fair. But for all yall that spend every waking hour on this board, hang out primarily with kids on this board, and get seriously offended by content on this board........................ yes, you are too sensitive and you should spend less time on soulstrut. My 2. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post jinx74 yes homo Reged: 11/03/03 Posts: 3844 Loc: DJ Anna: "Oh MTV doesn't know shit! If you like JT but not IMP, you suck. I am God of the Bay, thou shall bow before me and I Bayknowledgy" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: grandpa_shig] #405521 - 08/12/05 01:41 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Hi Bri-Bri! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post tallbobsmoke 9.99 jawn Reged: 11/05/03 Posts: 293 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405523 - 08/12/05 01:42 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Didn't someone just get banned because they were saying fucked up things about Native Americans? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post jinx74 yes homo Reged: 11/03/03 Posts: 3844 Loc: DJ Anna: "Oh MTV doesn't know shit! If you like JT but not IMP, you suck. I am God of the Bay, thou shall bow before me and I Bayknowledgy" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: anthonypearson] #405525 - 08/12/05 01:43 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. i just want to say that i got dibbles on this for my Location! buyaka! bo bo bo! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post anthonypearson econo bloodstool Reged: 03/05/04 Posts: 3058 Loc: st. elmos fire po box 1761 venice ca. 90294 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: grandpa_shig] #405527 - 08/12/05 01:44 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote I COULD GIVE YOU MY GAY CHARITY RESUME BUT I DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT RIGHT NOW. ALSO LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I DONATED SOME MONEY TO CYSTIC FIBROSIS AND THE MICHELE MISTICH FRIEDLANDER DRAMA FUND. NOW BACK TO THE QUESTION AT HAND. IT SEEMS THAT THIS IS THE BREAKDOWN... 1/5 OF SOULSTRUT WANTS TO SAY THE WORDS GAY AND FAG 1/5 OF SOULSTRUT WANTS NO ONE TO SAY THESE WORDS 3/5 OF SOULSTRUT DOES NOT CARE OR WILL NOT STATE AN OPINION. I WOULD PERSONALLY LIKE TO SAY THAT I FEEL EMBARRASED WHEN STRAIGHT PEOPLE CALL OTHER STRAIGHT PEOPLE FAG AND WHEN WHITE DUDES SAY HI TO EACHOTHER BY SAYING " WHATS UP MY NIGGER? ". NO WITH THAT BEING SAID LETS ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE. NO ONE WILL EVER CONCULDE THIS DEBATE. BASICALLY IF I DO NOT LIKE YOU I WILL BAN YOU FROM MY AUCTIONS AND YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY AND WE ARE GOING TO HONG KONG. THATS IT. BABOLYN IS CRACKING DOWN AND WE HAVE NO TIME FOR THESE FRUITLESS DISCUSSIONS. SOULSTRUT RULEZ IN THESE LAST DAYZ AND TIMEZ. HAVE AN FUN AFTERNOON. AP Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post anthonypearson econo bloodstool Reged: 03/05/04 Posts: 3058 Loc: st. elmos fire po box 1761 venice ca. 90294 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405529 - 08/12/05 01:47 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Anthony says: Say what you want, but I think you sound like a high school locker room. OK, I can deal with that. I think Anthony sounds like a tart on the short bus with a constant internet link. That's fair. But for all yall that spend every waking hour on this board, hang out primarily with kids on this board, and get seriously offended by content on this board........................ yes, you are too sensitive and you should spend less time on soulstrut. My 2. OK JOHNNY MR. 7755 POST COUNT. YOU THINK I SOUND LIKE A TART? YOUR NOT INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY AND WE ARE GOING TO CHUCKY CHEESE. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post NateBizzo loser big time Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 2891 Loc: WRUV.ORG Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: anthonypearson] #405531 - 08/12/05 01:49 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote This is the most pathetic shit I've ever witnessed. Y'all need to get the 10,000 foot perspective. What does that mean you ask? IT MEANS SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TALK ABOUT RECORDS. SOMEBODY PLEASE DELETE THIS ENTIRE POST. And those of you who get heated about anything internet related need to check your reality, not your computer screen. I'm embarassed to be a part of this message board when this sort of shit comes up I can only imagine how Raj feels about you idiots and your little bickering. This shit is beyond self-indulgent. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all) Previous thread Previous View all threads Index Next thread Next * Flat Threaded Mode Threaded Extra information 51 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum. Moderator: RAJ, dCastillo, mylatency, Danno3000, djanna Favorite Thread! (toggle) Print Thread Permissions You can start new topics You can reply to topics HTML is enabled UBBCode is enabled Rating: Thread views: 1641 Jump to Contact Us Soul Strut * UBB.threads??? 6.3.2

Flat Threaded Mode Threaded Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all) On_the_Red_Clay acetate jumpoff Reged: 03/16/04 Posts: 868 Loc: koozbane Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coffinjoe] #405326 - 08/12/05 10:35 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote CAPS LOCK DAYS AND TIMES. THIS THREAD IS NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS- THE MOST IMPORTANT BEING MYLATENCY'S LACK OF TACT WHEN NEEDED. MY 2. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post BATMON acetate jumpoff Rege d: 03/19/05 Posts: 814 Loc: South Bronx NYC / I got a plasma tv so I can see the Pacers play basketball!!! Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coselmed] #405343 - 08/12/05 10:55 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). aw come on, do i alwayz haf 2 b checkin' meye ebo-knicks. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post hcrink Super Special Dude Reged: 11/19/03 Posts: 9270 Loc: The wise digger knows not to ignore anything on the 70s underground jazz label Muse. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: mylatency] #405350 - 08/12/05 10:59 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Saying, just trying to keep this place tidy! Just a gentle reminder: Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. You can have fun but keep in mind: This site gets a BUNCH of traffic, mostly driven by the positive record related discussion, records for sale, and announcements. thanks, M Is this why you deleted my Summer Yams post? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post coselmed Studio Carpet Reged: 11/04/03 Posts: 1857 Loc: "Busy already being black..." Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: BATMON] #405352 - 08/12/05 11:02 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). aw come on, do i alwayz haf 2 b checkin' meye ebo-knicks. I took a class on Black Vernacular English in college (seriously)...Like any dialect, there are still rules, dammit! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post LaserWolf Studio Carpet Reged: 11/06/03 Posts: 1961 Loc: Portland, south of Seattle north of San Francisco Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coselmed] #405355 - 08/12/05 11:04 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Frankly, I'd be all for banning: nigga fag gay ghey and yes folks, even bitch It's all pretty juvenile, no matter how cleverly ironic people think they're being. This said, I also think that maybe the board should self-moderate on this sort of thing (unless Raj wants to install text filters) Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). I stand acused. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Hotsauce84 connoasseur Reged: 11/12/03 Posts: 2155 Loc: Too Strong, AZ Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: coselmed] #405367 - 08/12/05 11:12 AM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Frankly, I'd be all for banning: nigga fag gay ghey and yes folks, even bitch It's all pretty juvenile, no matter how cleverly ironic people think they're being. This said, I also think that maybe the board should self-moderate on this sort of thing (unless Raj wants to install text filters) Before we get to the text filter level, can we get a spellchecker on this message board? Atrocious spelling offends me even more than the racial/sexual epithets (and most of you are native speakers of English, which makes it even worse!). Does this mean we'll have to add Moist to the Soulstrut Casualties list? Man, I miss him allreddee. Hurm Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Salary_Diz 9.99 jawn Reged: 01/27/05 Posts: 334 Loc: don't say that i tell u what does cmhwak means Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Hotsauce84] #405423 - 08/12/05 12:17 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote oh jesus christ everybody. IT'S FUCKING FRIDAY! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post soulrez Studio Carpet Reged: 07/27/04 Posts: 1678 Loc: Dancing to good music, while partying or cruising with good people, was never a crime, yet this lifestyle and music continues to fascinate or intimidate people all over the World. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Salary_Diz] #405454 - 08/12/05 12:47 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: A BITCH IS A BITCH Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post TREW yes homo Reged: 11/01/03 Posts: 3550 Loc: on some eric b shit, like '"what happened to peace?" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405458 - 08/12/05 12:53 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Guzzo Modern Jew Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 3472 Loc: Meet me in Chicago around a family diner and i'll explain you. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: TREW] #405464 - 08/12/05 01:01 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? quite unfany. This thread was a bad idea. I kind of wish my original thread was still up. It wasn't attacking anybody and stated why I am not a fan of throwing the word fag around. Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Dubious Studio Carpet Reged: 11/05/03 Posts: 1747 Loc: A DJ???s sweat is the most potent aphrodisiac that modern times have ever seen Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405470 - 08/12/05 01:04 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE has anybody thought that maybe THAT isnt a good look for the strut??? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post soulrez Studio Carpet Reged: 07/27/04 Posts: 1678 Loc: Dancing to good music, while partying or cruising with good people, was never a crime, yet this lifestyle and music continues to fascinate or intimidate people all over the World. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405471 - 08/12/05 01:04 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winstons, it was def a moment... Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post hcrink Super Special Dude Reged: 11/19/03 Posts: 9270 Loc: The wise digger knows not to ignore anything on the 70s underground jazz label Muse. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405473 - 08/12/05 01:05 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winstons, it was def a moment... Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Salary_Diz 9.99 jawn Reged: 01/27/05 Posts: 334 Loc: don't say that i tell u what does cmhwak means Re: CRA TE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Dubious] #405476 - 08/12/05 01:07 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND FUNGI CULTURES Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post SouthCrackalack loser big time Reged: 03/24/04 Posts: 2020 Loc: pouched for freshness Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405477 - 08/12/05 01:08 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winstons, it was def a moment... I havent smoked a fag since 1998 Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post spaceghost 9.99 jawn Reged: 03/05/05 Posts: 234 Loc: i do not come to you as a reality, i come to you as a myth. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: soulrez] #405480 - 08/12/05 01:11 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winston ' s, it was def a moment... you smoked winston's what? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post soulrez Studio Carpet Reged: 07/27/04 Posts: 1678 Loc: Dancing to good music, while partying or cruising with good people, was never a crime, yet this lifestyle and music continues to fascinate or intimidate people all over the World. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: spaceghost] #405482 - 08/12/05 01:13 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Quote: for the record, last night after the shop closed senor paycheck & myself listened to this record & then walk outside & smoked a couple of fags before we parted ways, he smokes american spirts & i smoke winston ' s, it was def a moment... you smoked winston's what? ok, ok, we didnt listen to that lp, we actually listened to one of the tightest cd's i heard in a minute, i mean im on the east coast & for those brief moments of sound, i was back home smelling asada & gun smoke... anyone ever been to impalaville? it's a big fuckin city... Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405483 - 08/12/05 01:13 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? quite unfany. This thread was a bad idea. I kind of wish my original thread was still up. It wasn't attacking anybody and stated why I am not a fan of throwing the word fag around. Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted Wait, you wish the thread you made was back, and this one was deleted? Sheeeeyit, we should just start calling it guzzostrut Before anyone starts throwing around gay bashing and homophobe, I really want to know what it is that any of you do to help the Gay community. Other than policing language on a messageboard about records. Seriously, I mean I'm all down with whatever Rick & Mark & Dave & Anna & Danno want to do with the board, but a lot of yall need to get out the glass houses before throwing stones. Can we have a productive discussion about activism? Does anyone have anything to contribute on that level? I am not offended by language. I am much more offended by posturing. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post peacefulrotation Tonobungay Reged: 02/22/04 Posts: 4666 Loc: halfway Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: hcrink] #405484 - 08/12/05 01:14 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Saying, just trying to keep this place tidy! Just a gentle reminder: Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. You can have fun but keep in mind: This site gets a BUNCH of traffic, mostly driven by the positive record related discussion, records for sale, and announcements. thanks, M Is this why you deleted my Summer Yams post? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post the3rdstream yes homo Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 3303 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405487 - 08/12/05 01:16 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted some of the dudes on here let there secret ignorant hick come out and play, i really don't care what "hip hop culture" has to say about it, using fag and gay as a negative is straight up wrong, no matter how many gay friends you have, and yes there are gay stutters and yes it upsets them there is no need for a text censor or that type shit, the problem would take care of it's self if dudes one here would act their age when it comes to this Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Salary_Diz 9.99 jawn Reged: 01/27/05 Posts: 334 Loc: don't say that i tell u what does cmhwak means Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: the3rdstream] #405489 - 08/12/05 01:17 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote I just checked my watch, and yup, ITS STILL FUCKING FRIDAY, PEOPLE! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: hcrink] #405491 - 08/12/05 01:17 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Saying, just trying to keep this place tidy! Just a gentle reminder: Plaese to refrain from slurs, uber "beefs" and offensive board filler. You can have fun but keep in mind: This site gets a BUNCH of traffic, mostly driven by the positive record related discussion, records for sale, and announcements. thanks, M Is this why you deleted my Summer Yams post? HIDE THE REST OF THE YAMS IN MY AUNTIE HOUSE Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post ehuffman Wall of Fame Reged: 11/02/03 Posts: 1168 Loc: I think I'd be haunted by the ghost of a murdered penis Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405493 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote boom boom clap Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post peacefulrotation Tonobungay Reged: 02/22/04 Posts: 4666 Loc: halfway Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE! [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405494 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote I think the term "Sweet Potatoes" is more acceptable, except in certain small towns. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Dubious Studio Carpet Reged: 11/05/03 Posts: 1747 Loc: A DJ???s sweat is the most potent aphrodisiac that modern times have ever seen Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405496 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: I am not offended by language. I am much more offended by posturing. spoken Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post anthonypearson econo bloodstool Reged: 03/05/04 Posts: 3058 Loc: st. elmos fire po box 1761 venice ca. 90294 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: the3rdstream] #405498 - 08/12/05 01:19 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. LATR DAYZ AP Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Young_Phonics Wall of Fame Reged: 05/15/05 Posts: 1006 Loc: "Hey Phonics, Step the fuck back for a second" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Salary_Diz] #405499 - 08/12/05 01:20 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: I just checked my watch, and yup, ITS STILL FUCKING FRIDAY, PEOPLE! exactly. AND IM DOING A HALF-DAY AND IM PICKING UP A SUIT AND IM DEEJAYING ALL THIS WEEKEND AND IMMA GET SOME CUT-UP. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: anthonypearson] #405501 - 08/12/05 01:22 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. LATR DAYZ AP Damn Anthony, and I had my snipe set for $132.87 on that Jay McShann! Come ON.........!!!!!!! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Young_Phonics Wall of Fame Reged: 05/15/05 Posts: 1006 Loc: "Hey Phonics, Step the fuck back for a second" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405503 - 08/12/05 01:24 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. LATR DAYZ AP Damn Anthony, and I had my snipe set for $132.87 on that Jay McShann Bob James 3! Come ON.........!!!!!!! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Guzzo Modern Jew Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 3472 Loc: Meet me in Chicago around a family diner and i'll explain you. Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405505 - 08/12/05 01:25 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: Quote: whaddup ya'll. how have things been 'round here the past 2 days? fany? no fany? quite unfany. This thread was a bad idea. I kind of wish my original thread was still up. It wasn't attacking anybody and stated why I am not a fan of throwing the word fag around. Somehow this thread, which I beleive was put up with the best of intentions turned into a gaybash pride parade and has only continued to keep its ugly look. this shit needs to be deleted Wait, you wish the thread you made was back, and this one was deleted? Sheeeeyit, we should just start calling it guzzostrut Before anyone starts throwing around gay bashing and homophobe, I really want to know what it is that any of you do to help the Gay community. Other than policing language on a messageboard about records. Seriously, I mean I'm all down with whatever Rick & Mark & Dave & Anna & Danno want to do with the board, but a lot of yall need to get out the glass houses before throwing stones. Can we have a productive discussion about activism? Does anyone have anything to contribute on that level? I am not offended by language. I am much more offended by posturing. I too am offended by posturing and I think all those fools complaining about all other types of hate but saying its cool to bash and make slurs on gay folks here need to check themselves. If you look earlier in this thread you'll see that I said I don't want words like fag, bitch, and nigger banned from this site because they all have thier different contexts and need to be free to use for those reasons. I don't think however that I shouldn't be able to challenge people who use the word fag. It's my perogative(?) to do so and I will continue to do so until someone starts calling for the banning of people with different ideas. And JP as for what I do to help the gay community, I do my best not to participate in the bashing of it and try to point out hypocracies of people who cry out about prejudice of certain cultures and communities while putting down others. And I'm going to guess you didn't read the original post I put up. It was not offensive, in a nutshell I stated why I think Fag is such a hateful term and since folks only seem to care about issues like this when you put a personal spin on them, I mentioined how my (bisexual) friend CS Muncy, back when I was going to UNLV, grabbed the attentiion of the Rev. Fred Phelps who came down to the university to protest his actions with "God Hates Fags" signs in hand and followers by his side. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post grandpa_shig Little Dude Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 6191 Loc: MAKIN BITCH MOVEZ IN THE FAKE WORLD Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE [Re: Guzzo] #405508 - 08/12/05 01:27 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Quote: oh brother indeed. Shig for some reason has got real brave and decided to put out some vendetta against me from across a computer screen for some shit that doesn't, and never did, involve him. It frustrated me especially since I thought we were cool with each other and had hung out a bit. I even called him with some personal shit a while back because I thought of him as a friend. It hit me pretty hard when I realized that he really had nothing but a harsh shit to say and think about me. Over time I noticed little words here and there as well as just a general bad attitude towards me from him and decided to leave him be for the time. Now as for my "little crusade" against the free use of the word "fag" on this site. I caught quite a few folks using it and for the most part it dind't bother me cause most of the people using it know its a fucked up word and use other fucked up words too. (AKA they ain't contradicting themselves) However I saw Shig use it a whole lot (usually as the word art-fag) and then I caught him trying to pull off some "no it's ok" I'm really gay and I know gay people" type-routine as if that justified it. I think anytime you try to justify throwing around a slur youre really playing yourself. Especially when you enter into another thread about the word "Jap" and make your position known as to how hurtful and hate-filled that term is. What further frustrated me is how he went ahead and ressurected a dead beef I had with someone we both know as if he had a stake in it. Then he got personal on attacks which I find to be some serious bullshit. I'm all about handling this correctly whether its talking it out, not talking on one another at all, or whatever. Really though I am not having any fun defending this and I don't understand why its become such a defended term. People on here other than me have stated a problem with it and I think that should be enough. well hello frisco! alright, first off plaese show me where i said it was ok for me to say fag cuz i am one or i know one. come on dude, your just making unfounded accusations now. find it and i will apologize for it. second, your issues with drez does involve me. drez asked me about you. i said you were cool. then you pull some dumb shit like demanding to dj his night and shit, which was a bad move. then you start threatening him physically. which, i dont know if that's pure comedy or just plain guzzo stupidity. in any case, i vouched for you. and then i had to go back to drez and apologize for your actions. that is how it involves me. as far as the beef being old or dead. maybe for you, punkin. and dude, you just got on this art-fag rant cuz you so want to cup my balls and cuddle. here's what i remember as you coming out of the trees at me with some "you throw the word "fag" around a duragatory way and talk about women like pieces of meat". i mean, really. http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=384606&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=13&vc=1 oh, and jonny, i've volunteered for the AIDS project SF, PRIDE SF, pink saturdays, taught kids media studies at LYRIC [it's a gay youth thing], Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Jonny_Paycheck Young Boss Reged: 04/07/04 Posts: 7775 Loc: GOOD RECORDS NYC Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: Guzzo] #405519 - 08/12/05 01:40 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote You're right, I did not see the post. I was not on the internet except for a brief bit yesterday (advisable to one and all... get off the internet!). I'm not challenging you personally Adam to do something concrete, activism-wise... that is a noble thing to do, for sure... Yo Adam you goof around a lot on some gay shit. I don't think, in the abstract, it's any cooler to "fag around" (yes, this is common parlance for straight guys acting "gay" for kicks) than it is to say a certain word or whatever. It makes light of a perfectly legitimate and beautiful lifestyle/sexuality/etc. But my point has ALWAYS been: this is a message board. Let people express themselves. And like I said earlier, if everyone regulated themselves a little bit more it wouldn't be a problem. Anthony says: Say what you want, but I think you sound like a high school locker room. OK, I can deal with that. I think Anthony sounds like a tart on the short bus with a constant internet link. That's fair. But for all yall that spend every waking hour on this board, hang out primarily with kids on this board, and get seriously offended by content on this board........................ yes, you are too sensitive and you should spend less time on soulstrut. My 2. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post jinx74 yes homo Reged: 11/03/03 Posts: 3844 Loc: DJ Anna: "Oh MTV doesn't know shit! If you like JT but not IMP, you suck. I am God of the Bay, thou shall bow before me and I Bayknowledgy" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: grandpa_shig] #405521 - 08/12/05 01:41 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Hi Bri-Bri! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post tallbobsmoke 9.99 jawn Reged: 11/05/03 Posts: 293 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405523 - 08/12/05 01:42 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Didn't someone just get banned because they were saying fucked up things about Native Americans? Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post jinx74 yes homo Reged: 11/03/03 Posts: 3844 Loc: DJ Anna: "Oh MTV doesn't know shit! If you like JT but not IMP, you suck. I am God of the Bay, thou shall bow before me and I Bayknowledgy" Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: anthonypearson] #405525 - 08/12/05 01:43 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: BASSICALLY, IM NOT FRIENDS WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS ANYMORE SO DONT EVEN BOTHER BIDDING. i just want to say that i got dibbles on this for my Location! buyaka! bo bo bo! Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post anthonypearson econo bloodstool Reged: 03/05/04 Posts: 3058 Loc: st. elmos fire po box 1761 venice ca. 90294 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: grandpa_shig] #405527 - 08/12/05 01:44 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote I COULD GIVE YOU MY GAY CHARITY RESUME BUT I DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT RIGHT NOW. ALSO LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I DONATED SOME MONEY TO CYSTIC FIBROSIS AND THE MICHELE MISTICH FRIEDLANDER DRAMA FUND. NOW BACK TO THE QUESTION AT HAND. IT SEEMS THAT THIS IS THE BREAKDOWN... 1/5 OF SOULSTRUT WANTS TO SAY THE WORDS GAY AND FAG 1/5 OF SOULSTRUT WANTS NO ONE TO SAY THESE WORDS 3/5 OF SOULSTRUT DOES NOT CARE OR WILL NOT STATE AN OPINION. I WOULD PERSONALLY LIKE TO SAY THAT I FEEL EMBARRASED WHEN STRAIGHT PEOPLE CALL OTHER STRAIGHT PEOPLE FAG AND WHEN WHITE DUDES SAY HI TO EACHOTHER BY SAYING " WHATS UP MY NIGGER? ". NO WITH THAT BEING SAID LETS ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE. NO ONE WILL EVER CONCULDE THIS DEBATE. BASICALLY IF I DO NOT LIKE YOU I WILL BAN YOU FROM MY AUCTIONS AND YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY AND WE ARE GOING TO HONG KONG. THATS IT. BABOLYN IS CRACKING DOWN AND WE HAVE NO TIME FOR THESE FRUITLESS DISCUSSIONS. SOULSTRUT RULEZ IN THESE LAST DAYZ AND TIMEZ. HAVE AN FUN AFTERNOON. AP Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post anthonypearson econo bloodstool Reged: 03/05/04 Posts: 3058 Loc: st. elmos fire po box 1761 venice ca. 90294 Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: Jonny_Paycheck] #405529 - 08/12/05 01:47 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quote: Anthony says: Say what you want, but I think you sound like a high school locker room. OK, I can deal with that. I think Anthony sounds like a tart on the short bus with a constant internet link. That's fair. But for all yall that spend every waking hour on this board, hang out primarily with kids on this board, and get seriously offended by content on this board........................ yes, you are too sensitive and you should spend less time on soulstrut. My 2. OK JOHNNY MR. 7755 POST COUNT. YOU THINK I SOUND LIKE A TART? YOUR NOT INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY AND WE ARE GOING TO CHUCKY CHEESE. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post NateBizzo loser big time Reged: 10/31/03 Posts: 2891 Loc: WRUV.ORG Re: CRATE DIGGING DJ AND HIP HOP CULTURE new [Re: anthonypearson] #405531 - 08/12/05 01:49 PM Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote This is the most pathetic shit I've ever witnessed. Y'all need to get the 10,000 foot perspective. What does that mean you ask? IT MEANS SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TALK ABOUT RECORDS. SOMEBODY PLEASE DELETE THIS ENTIRE POST. And those of you who get heated about anything internet related need to check your reality, not your computer screen. I'm embarassed to be a part of this message board when this sort of shit comes up I can only imagine how Raj feels about you idiots and your little bickering. This shit is beyond self-indulgent. Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Email Post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all) Previous thread Previous View all threads Index Next thread Next * Flat Threaded Mode Threaded Extra information 51 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum. Moderator: RAJ, dCastillo, mylatency, Danno3000, djanna Favorite Thread! (toggle) Print Thread Permissions You can start new topics You can reply to topics HTML is enabled UBBCode is enabled Rating: Thread views: 1641 Jump to Contact Us Soul Strut * UBB.threads??? 6.3.2

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    If someone writes something that is offenseive to you (or someone you feel like speaking for) step up and check them! If you are unable to do this (on a fucking message board no less), you deserve to be offended until you learn to stand up!!! [/b]

I have no idea what thread you guys were talking about. But this makes sense to me.

sooooooooooooooo .....co-sign!

• BAM YOU SCARE ME WITH YOUR MADD SKILLZ.

I WAS JUST GETTING GOING THERE.

THAT THREAD WAS RED HOT.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    echos of summer yams. Sorry, Sweet Potatos.

I made the offensive suggestion that people clean out their refrigerators.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    If someone writes something that is offenseive to you (or someone you feel like speaking for) step up and check them! If you are unable to do this (on a fucking message board no less), you deserve to be offended until you learn to stand up!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    The should be some kind of "Recycle bin" for deleted threads, before they are gone forever random graemlin

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    This thread is about to be deleted so who cares:

If MyHastency deleted that thread, then a big WTF is in order! This moderator "power" has certainly gone to your head. I seem to remember things being aight around here before your username changed colors.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Yeh nI was all about defending MyLatency as moderhater, but he has got to take his finger away from the panic button... Its a message board its not that serious, and these little beef threads are really what keeps this place amusing to read... especially on a FRIDAY...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Keep up the good work, moderators.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Hmmmmm.......

Too much to think about.
    I read everything form the last post and this one as well.

It is funny to me indeed that a moderator would start a thread and also later delete it.

I like my neighbor MyLatency, but perhaps some jobs are just not meant for certain personality types. I have never seen as many posting issues as I have in the recent month since My Latency started the mod thing. One can't help but notice the obvious.

Personnally, there are very few (if any) words in the English language that will upset me to the point of actual physical anger. Words are just words and those offended are waaay to delicate I.M.H.O.

Also....in any confrontaion, underestimating an opponent is mistake #1.

BTW, I give $100 a month to the LGBT community center.

-Al

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    BAM YOU SCARE ME WITH YOUR MADD SKILLZ.

It's all ones and zeroes, man.
    Dudes around here need to get their wu-weight up.

This dude
    when he was 14
    had a dream
    and saw his own death

he went to the arunachala
    (a mountain in south india)
    which is, "seat of siva"
    he left everyone, everything
    brought a loin cloth
    and a walking stick

you dudes get worked up
    (over nothing)

there is no fag
    there is no nigger
    there is no "you"

verily, verily, verily
    life is but a dream

this same conversation happened
    on a messageboard in china
    5,000 years ago
    and some dude said:

Yield and overcome;
    Bend and be straight;
    Empty and be full;
    Wear out and be new;
    Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.
    Therefore wise men embrace the one and set an example to all.
    Not putting on a display, they shine forth.
    Not justifying themselves, they are distinguished.
    Not boasting, they receive recognition.
    Not bragging, they never falter.
    They do not quarrel, so no one quarrels with them.
    Therefore the ancients say, 'Yield and overcome'.
    Is that an empty saying?
    Be really whole, and all things will come to you.

• echos of summer yams. Sorry, Sweet Potatos.

I made the offensive suggestion that people clean out their refrigerators.

this sounds like an awesome thread.

answers

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Bam... thank you (no sarcasm)

• blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

at me?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    One can't help but notice the obvious.

Seriously....what is up?

• Yield and overcome;
    Bend and be straight;
    Empty and be full;
    Wear out and be new;
    Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.
    Therefore wise men embrace the one and set an example to all.
    Not putting on a display, they shine forth.
    Not justifying themselves, they are distinguished.
    Not boasting, they receive recognition.
    Not bragging, they never falter.
    They do not quarrel, so no one quarrels with them.
    Therefore the ancients say, 'Yield and overcome'.
    Is that an empty saying?
    Be really whole, and all things will come to you.

sounds like an excerpt from Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching, or at least from the same taoist philosophy

• edubedub 715 Posts

(at everyone)