Top 5 Strutteurs You Would Like To Meet in the Real World

fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
1. Raj
This playa has the audacity to name himeself after my birth name, and he ain't even Indian. Nuff said.

2. Faux Rillz
A bigger hater I have never seen on a message board. My poptart ass ain't ready.

3. Reynaldo
Actually, I would just like to take my Bollywood collection over and listen to it on his $100,00 setup.

4. Batmon
Just to learn about NY since I am moving there in a couple of weeks for the long haul, and he seems like another hater.

5. Sabadadada
Anyone who has been banned multiple times warrants a meeting, however lawyers are my mortal enemies...

Honorable mentions: rockadelic (down for old school diggers, the stories are amazing), the_mack (is he still alive??), rape_donkeys(wtf kinda name is this???).

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

The top-5 Strutters I'd like to meet in the real world are (in no particular order):

1. Phill Most Chill-My brother from another mother.

2. Rockadelic-Rich is cool as a fan. I'd love to buy you a beer, homie.

3. Bassie-I'd love to meet the lady behind my 'Strut crush. ;-) Seriously, she always adds on lovely to various threads.

4. Drew Nice-I've spoken with dude on the phone, and he's real cool peeps.

5. Cosmo Baker-Again, I've spoken with cat on the phone, and he is a good dude.

There are so many other Strutters I'd love to meet (too many to name), but the thread said to limit the choices to 5 people. So many of you have shown love over the years, and I'd like to make it happen in the years to come.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    1.Phill Most Chill because if it were not for his blog I would not have known about this site.

2. Motown 67 because his record reviews made me keep vistiting the site.

3. Rockadelic because he manages to find the craziest records and tell the craziest stories of how he found them.

4. Big Stacks because always drops gems and manages to not get caught up in some bullschitt in certain threads. Wisdom
    for days.

5. Raj for conceiving and making Soul Strut a reality.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

4. Drew Nice-I've spoken with dude on the phone, and he's real cool peeps.

I can verify this. Drew is that dude.

I am a pretty shy person (shocking, I know *smirk*), but I have had the privilege to meet some great, talented people from here.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DJ Day
    Herm
    Hi-C
    Jinx
    NZShadow
    4YrearGraduate
    SoulonIce
    Gary

etc, etc, etc

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Dolo.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Dolo.

fckvwls said:

A bigger hater I have never seen on a message board.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DJ Day
    Herm
    Hi-C
    Jinx
    NZShadow
    4YrearGraduate
    SoulonIce
    Gary

etc, etc, etc

awww I used to make your list...I guess I need to increase my presence again. haha

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    K in Canada. Yeah, still.

Rockadelic said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Dolo.

fckvwls said:

A bigger hater I have never seen on a message board.

Well, message boards personas and real life don't always add up. Junior seems alright on here, but I've met him in real life. :shame_on_you: Tragicomic dude who's worn-out the self destruct button and reduced himself to a cracked facsimile who can infuriatingly reveal glimmers of the real A**, but prefers to hide behind a colourful mask of drugs, booze, and Lil B mixtapes.

And he really does support Man U when I thought he just did that to wind me up.

I think that in the flesh, Dolo's refreshingly contrarian nature might be a little more mellow. Would be more interested in meeting a brazen villain than one of life's nice guys like Skel or somebody.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    At this point, all the old heads, even the ones I've beefed with in the past. Used to avoid thinking of this site as a place to facilitate actual meetings with actual people. But after being on here so long, why not?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Of the dudes I haven't met, I'd say

Day
    TripleDouble
    Bassie
    DJ Enki
    Edith Head

although now that I've starting listing I feel bad 'cause there's plenty I could name, but those are the first that come to mind. Wait, and DOR and LaserWofl and all the British dudes and...well, if I haven't made it plain that I don't like you, chances are I'd like to have a beer with you. Oh, and some Canadian dude who's going to be crashing on my couch at some point this baseball season and spouting some silliness about the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays! Adorable.

HarveyCanal said:
    At this point, all the old heads, especially the ones I've beefed with in the past.

Definitely more than 5???..I???m not a good phone person so these would need to be face to face.

Stacks???..The epitome of ???grown??? and the dude gets it on every level. His mixes are some of my favorites on here and he can school me on deep album soul cuts.

Philly Phill ??? Preferably at an Eagles/Cowboy game with some eats/drinks/music after the Cowboy victory. Come to Big D and make this happen, I think I might still have warrants in Philly from an incident at a Stones concert at Veterans Stadium.

Sween ??? We grew up within 5 miles of each other and probably frequented the same neighborhood bars. All the best bars in NY are owned by ex-Police/Firemen and I know he has the hook-up. Plus we could get some good Italian food.

Doc McCoy ??? Music knowledge for days and a perspective that???s fresh and real. Black & Tans on me.

NZ Shadow ??? I know we could bullshit for hours and never mention records or music. Probably has the life I???m most envious of on SS.

5B - James, Tripledouble, Dr.Wu, Herm, Ms. Bassie, Batmon, DJ Enki, 4YearGrad, Hook-Up, Elise, Guzzo, Frank, PCMR, etc., etc.

Actually, just about everyone here other than the very few aholes that I???m certain feel the same way about me.

When you think about it, this is a pretty cool little community with a lot of smart, friendly and eloquent people???.the Strutters I???ve met have been nothing but top notch folks.

And as far as ???beef??? goes, usually this is nothing more than differing opinions and I???ve had those with every close friend I???ve ever had IRL. I can???t imagine disliking someone just because they don???t see things the way I do.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    fckvwls said:

4. Batmon
    Just to learn about Manhattan (Houston Street to 14th Street), Williamsburg, and Greenpoint since I am moving there in a couple of weeks for about a decade to later return to my suburban roots, and he seems like another hatter.

We can tour the most flavorful BANK interiors of the five boroughs starting w/ Central Savings Bank on 72nd n Broadway.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    soulone
    staxwax
    dj city boy
    incompletejigsaw
    slotbeggaz

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Raj
    Dee Rock
    Rockadelic
    Big_Stacks
    TripleDouble
    It's just too many to narrow it down to 5.

5 More:
    Paycheck
    Delay
    Batmon
    SoulOnIce
    Sheep
    and the list goes on & on & on......

• Options
    jaymack said:
    soulone
    staxwax
    dj city boy
    incompletejigsaw
    slotbeggaz

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person, too.

I could bring Harley D, my speckled dog, and we could go site seeing. Maybe trade some records and talk about our life.

I'd, also, like to meet:
    Cookbook
    Jammy
    Dollarbin
    Rishan

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    jaymack said:
    soulone
    staxwax
    dj city boy
    incompletejigsaw
    slotbeggaz

I thought these were all the same person.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Awww shucks.

RAJ
    Rock
    Gary
    Harvey
    Big Stacks

But how could i leave out

Bassie
    Skel
    Doc McCoy
    Saba
    Motown67

No, wait,

Batmon
    Faux
    Paycheck
    Guzzo
    Herm

But then theres

Reynaldo
    Brian
    Drew Nice
    Edith Head
    DJDaze

Or was that

Phil most Chill
    Supreme
    Jinx
    SoulOnIce
    TripleDouble

I can't do this.

• jaymack said:
    soulone
    staxwax
    dj city boy
    incompletejigsaw
    slotbeggaz

If you're ever in DC we should. We could go to Som Records and Red Onion and hit up a few spots on U Street.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    jaymack said:

dj cityboy

lets make it happen....hell! who knows maybe i meet you before you meet me...hell! maybe we already met...

dun dun duuuuuuuuuun!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    H.E.R.M.
    Doc McCoy
    Yuichi
    White Gucci Belt
    SoulOnIce
    James

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Bassie
    Elise
    AkAllDay
    Edith Head
    Just Alice

;-)

And NZShadow and Grandfather and Verb606 and VintageInfants and Kala...

And James and Faux and Woimsah and Unherd and Pickwick...

And Skel and Junior and Duderonomy and Jimster and Moke...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    just can't choose. i've met a bunch of strutters in real life & they have all been very cool to me on my travels.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The NYC strut massive:

Horseleech, JP, Gacia_Vega, SportCasual, DB_Coops

DB_Cooper said:
    Pickwick...

Has to be in my Top 5......we have so many things in common musically that I feel I've already met him.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    soulone said:
    Cookbook
    :hi: