Band slogans?

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Are there many examples of these? I'm thinking of a band called the Damn Personals who had "Our Rock Will Fuck You" on all of their shirts.

Which is an awesome thing to have on your shirt.

Can't really think of any other examples though. Anyone?

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i always thought the old beastie boys shirts that said "GET OFF MY DICK" on the back were pretty funny

• Not their biggest fan, but I liked Spiritualized's, "Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to".

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    gareth said:
    Not their biggest fan, but I liked Spiritualized's, "Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to".

actually that was a title to a Spacemen 3 album (Spiritualized's Jason Pierce's band prior to Spiritualized)

the White Panther slogan that the MC5 used is pretty epic: "Dope, Guns, and Fucking in the Streets"

Monster Magnet: "Its a Satanic Drug thing, You Wouldn't Understand"

Reigning Sound : "if the kids don't hate it, it aint rock and roll" and the related "the kids don't know shit"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not a band but my favorite musical slogan was put on T-Shirts by Stiff Records in the 80's.

"If it's not Stiif, it's not worth a fuck"

• Up the Irons

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    not a band slogan but reminds me of the time a little old lady i worked with told me it sounded like my life revolved around Wine, Women, and Songs. i liked that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    has rock out with your cock out been appropriated?

• bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
    The one that always sticks out to me was for the british band The Inspiral Carpets...their motto was "Cool as Fuck". Straight forward and to the point...nice to have on t-shirts!