New Dennis Coffey

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Hot or not?

I'm going with hot.

Comments

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    The video is great. First bars I thought "Mmmmh. Cee-lo cover, you can do better than that", but it was really well done and fun to see. Goes to show you can do something nice without tons of money.

Nice seeing People's Records, too.

• snakessnakes 20 Posts
    Thought I would share...

Constellations: The A to Z of Dennis Coffey mixed by House Shoes

http://theshoeshousepodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2011-03-08T15_11_37-08_00

"When we discussed the idea of putting together a mix focusing on Dennis Coffey's immense history in the world of soul, funk, and hip-hop, House Shoes was our clear first choice. Often referred to as "Detroit's musical ambassador," Shoes is intimately acquainted with Dennis' history, and a first rate DJ to boot.
    On Constellations - The A to Z of Dennis Coffey, he delivered beyond our expectations. Touching on everything from the psychedelic b-boy soul of Coffey's 70's solo material, to classic recordings on which he recorded as a sessions musician, to hip-hop cuts which have sampled his material, and even a couple of sneak peaks at the new album's music, he offers as clear a portrait as any of way Dennis Coffey is beloved by so many music fans of all varieties. His drop game is tough too! We were also happy to hear how comfortably the new material sits next to Coffey's many classics. If that's not the mark of timelessness, I don't know what is! As everyone from Q-Tip to JakeOne to DJ Jazzy Jeff are happy to remind you: Dennis Coffey will be out April 26th."

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Nice mix. So that's Coffey's guitar on both "I Want You" and "In the Rain?" Cool...