coming to ___________, where is your secret spot??

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
is there some sort of soulstrut decorum about this? people are always asking "where the REALLY good spots are????" like someone will post it for them... it seems pushy... i mean, is finding record stores in a new town THAT hard???

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i mean, is finding record stores in a new town THAT hard???

no. but finding GOOD stores is...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    exactly...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The only spots I would want to keep "secret" (though there isn't really anything secret about them) are places that sell records that are not record stores. Hence, off the radar, so to speak.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    "where the REALLY good spots are????"

you gotta ask??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

you gotta ask??

cot dammmn!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    The only spots I would want to keep "secret" (though there isn't really anything secret about them) are places that sell records that are not record stores. Hence, off the radar, so to speak.

since we moved out the area homie, i bet peoples finally gettin records....

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    how selfish do you need to be to refuse to disclose your favorite digging spot to a fellow strutter who may be visiting your town for a weekend? real antithetical to the "character of soul strut" post yesterday.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i like how every 2 weeks somebody has to request the spots in montreal.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

haha!!! How's NYC?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

you gotta ask??

WHO tha hell is THAT???

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

you gotta ask??

WHO tha hell is THAT???

Whats worrying me is that I have that same pic on my hard drive. I have no idea where I got it, and it wasnt from this thread.

• how selfish do you need to be to refuse to disclose your favorite digging spot to a fellow strutter who may be visiting your town for a weekend? real antithetical to the "character of soul strut" post yesterday.

Are you serious?

I've always thought asking is kind of stupid.

If you say, "IM COMING TO COLORADO TOMORROW!" and I'm in Colorado, I know I'm gonna run all the spots before you get there just to be sure.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    how selfish do you need to be to refuse to disclose your favorite digging spot to a fellow strutter who may be visiting your town for a weekend? real antithetical to the "character of soul strut" post yesterday.

Are you serious?

If you say, "IM COMING TO COLORADO TOMORROW!" and I'm in Colorado, I know I'm gonna run all the spots before you get there just to be sure.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Are you serious?

ridickulous move. on some serious scrooge mcduck paranoia tip.
    oh, and...

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

you gotta ask??

cot dammmn!

Forgive me lord, for I have lusted after another woman.

BUT HER FACE??

• how selfish do you need to be to refuse to disclose your favorite digging spot to a fellow strutter who may be visiting your town for a weekend? real antithetical to the "character of soul strut" post yesterday.

Are you serious?

ridickulous move. on some serious scrooge mcduck paranoia tip.

Welll, I don't really get my records from "shops" per se, but that is what a lot of these kids are doing. Most towns have a handful of kids that run the shops.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

haha!!! How's NYC?

thanks to people like paychek & umad, it's growing on me...

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    there's another pic but in blue lace

mmmmmm hmmmmm

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    run all the spots before you get there just to be sure.

dudes slept in STL. we gave fair warning and now your town is killed.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    run all the spots before you get there just to be sure.

dudes slept in STL. we gave fair warning and now your town is killed.

STL is like the terminator, the vinyl will just re-group for the next hit
    secret squirell joints & warehouses on the northside
    come back soon
    vinyl needs holmes

i'll list stores i think are decent, i.e. if someone's coming to NYC, i'll say "yeah go to Academy, A-1, Kim's, etc" but i won't say, "ok, go out to Elmhurst and around the corner from the train station, there's this little furniture store". and i think people push too hard for info like that... this is a public board and you'd be crazy to list really good spots on it...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

i'll list stores i think are decent, i.e. if someone's coming to NYC, i'll say "yeah go to Academy, A-1, Kim's, etc" but i won't say, "ok, go out to Elmhurst and around the corner from the train station, there's this little furniture store". and i think people push too hard for info like that... this is a public board and you'd be crazy to list really good spots on it...

• yo, pg...was it elmhurst where that store was?? it wasn't that good, was it??? oh, you did find something there, i'm remembering now...
    m

elmhurst

yeah, Elmhurst, that's the ticket... sure, it was in... Elmhurst... yeah... Elmhurst...

• Where are the Mtl spots..seriously...

i like how every 2 weeks somebody has to request the spots in montreal.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Shit, I'll tell dudes specific titles they got at stores, like some shit they still have on the Cheapo's 45 wall, like I alwys tell dudes to grab those Jerry Washington joints...I don't really see a problem with hitting headz off with info, I guess hoping the karma stays true and someone will give me legit tips if I head out their way, and like I always say, the best records I'm getting from local stores these days come from being down with the owners and shit, under-the-register unpriced jammies...but I do have to admit, everytime I have given out Boston digging info for someone coming to town that weekend, I start throwing shade on dudes with internet haircuts that show up at spots on Saturday, like:

"damn is that the strut dude? whass he got in that stack?? oh shit..."

DRAMATIZATION[/b]

• internet haircuts