Revisiting my youth (wrestling related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
saw this today, really great...brought back a shit ton of childhood memories of watching Wrestling on Saturdya morning, my dad taking me to the Monday night matches, meeting Andy Kaufman at the Peabody...if you dug wrestling as a kid(70s and 80s), you will love this...on DVD soon

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    LOVING IT! Thanks for poasting this. I met Sting around 1986 at a match here in B-More and man was I on top of the world, haha. Dude was kool as a fan. IMO, Wrestling really turned into a soap opera over the years. Too many story lines and not enough ass-kicking.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Midsouth Wrestling was a Saturday morning ritual. I used to feel bad for the comentators. They used to beat the hell out of Dave Brown on the regular.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    i dont follow wrestling nor care to. but i find myself watchin clips like this on youtube now and then. for some reason i can watch this. maybe nostolgia? reminds me of being a youngin watchin Stampede Wrestling. is this out yet?

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

b/w

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,084 Posts
    Anyone ride for Botchamania? Funny shit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Midsouth Wrestling was a Saturday morning ritual.

Junyard Dog & Mr. Olympia versus Skandar Akbar's Samoans.

• i received tim hornbaker's national wrestling alliance: the untold story of the promotion that strangled professional wrestling in the mail a few days ago. i'm looking forward to reading it.

i don't have much of an interest in watching matches anymore, but i do enjoy watching old promos. youtube is a goldmine for this stuff. i'm forever in debt to all the 80s wrestling fanatics out there posting amazing things like: