Libya: Portrait of a Failure

Comments

• Options
    sabadabada said:

Was that taken while Gaddafi was in the middle of massacring people?

The Rumsfeld/Saddam photo was.

Like I said, you're cool with all of it.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    sabadabada said:

Yes. He had just finished massacring one group of people that morning, and then as soon as Obama left he massacred a second group.

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    BobDesperado said:
    sabadabada said:

Yes. He had just finished massacring one group of people that morning, and then as soon as Obama left he massacred a second group.

Which led to multiple orgasms on your part, no doubt.

And it's cool how Obama is throwing a Cheney shadow.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    every red-blooded American would like to see Qaddafi's head on a spike

that's what Ronnie would have wanted

I suggest we stop pouring money down the Afghan rathole & use some of it where it can make a difference - by bombing Libya

U_S_A!!!!

U_S_A!!!!

U_S_A!!!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    ----

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Tom Grey answers David Crow's request the empirical basis for his statement on the number of dead under Saddam Hussein. "See http://www.gbn.org/ArticleDisplayServlet.srv?aid=2400&msp=1242 Here is an excerpt:":Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran.

I'm sorry? If I'm cool with what?

First you make false equivalencies, now you're having a hard time with reading comprehension. You have a law degree, right? I don't see you winning many cases unless you work on these two things.

Are you trying to claim that the Iraq war was a humanitarian mission? That water you're carrying must be heavy.

Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Look, if you are cool with the Libyans being slaughtered by Ghaddafi with impunity without the international community (don't forget the US is a big part of that community) doing anything about it, .

My question is why is that nut Kucinich and other loony lefties cool with this?

Good question.

• CIA Coup, thread solved.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Look, if you are cool with the Libyans being slaughtered by Ghaddafi with impunity without the international community (don't forget the US is a big part of that community) doing anything about it, .

My question is why is that nut Kucinich and other loony lefties cool with this?

I don't think Kucinich thinks we should ever be using force except in self-defense. I don't agree with him but I don't think it's a loony position.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think Kucinich thinks that the president should get congress' ok before going to war.
    A Constitutionally supportable position.

Doesn't mean he isnt a loony nut.

I'm amazed his olive lawsuit hasn't been mentioned on the strut.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    I think Kucinich thinks that the president should get congress' ok before going to war.
    A Constitutionally supportable position.

But not an accurate description of his position. Dumbya had approval to go into Iraq, but Kucinich (quite rightfully) didn't support that invasion.

Smart Diplomacy. Let me know when it's enough to trigger your fake outrage LMJ.

At least 40 civilians have been killed in air strikes by Western forces on Tripoli
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/9113812/at-least-40-civilians-dead-in-tripoli-strikes-vatican-official/

Libyan rebels flee as Obama authorizes covert support
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/30/us-libya-idUSTRE7270JP20110330

Exclusive: Obama authorizes secret help for Libya rebels
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/30/us-libya-usa-order-idUSTRE72T6H220110330

The Shores of Tripoli: Our Latest Wilsonian War
    http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2011/03/30/the-shores-of-tripoli-our-latest-wilsonian-war/

The Wilsonians now have their war; they also now have their president. Barack Obama???s inner Woodrow Wilson has clearly won out; he has nailed his colors to the mast of a liberal international foreign policy. The cautious Jeffersonian realists have lost one policy battle after another in this administration. Colin Powell???s Pottery Barn law (???if you break it, you own it???) has been cast to the winds. A president who won his party???s nomination as the most consistent opponent of unpopular interventions abroad has become an apostle of liberal war. Not since Saul went to Damascus has there been such a dramatic conversion.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Hypocrisy is a two way street.

JOHN YOO???S/S> THE OBAMA DOJ???S MEMO ON THE WAR IN LIBYA

http://www.justice.gov/olc/2011/authority-military-use-in-libya.pdf

This must be the Hope, because it certainly isn't the Change.

Botched Nato bomb raid on Brega leaves 13 Libyan rebels dead after jets blast wrong convoy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1374434/Nato-bomb-raid-Brega-leaves-13-Libyan-rebels-dead-jets-blast-wrong-convoy.html

And since there are only like 1000 of them to begin with, that's more than 1% of their forces.

sabadabada said:

Missed the part about legitimizing torture, so this couldn't be John Yoo's.

• Options
    Bon Vivant said:
    sabadabada said:

Missed the part about legitimizing torture, so this couldn't be John Yoo's.

Sabadabado likes to revisit that torture any time he can, though. It's the one thing that makes him proudest to be an American.

Well, either that or stubbing his cigar out on homeless people.

Mission Accomplished!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Mission Accomplished!

Well played, sir!

Did you ever notice that Kadafi always dresses like he's on his way to the BET awards.

FrankieMeltzer said:

Where's the one he autographed for you?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:

Where's the one he autographed for you?

LAWYERED!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    No class as usual.

GNURT!

It only took you a half hour to recover and come up with that brilliant comeback.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah just as classy as some dude who bumps a thread to gloat as soon as news breaks, am i rite

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    anyone wanna help me out with a recap? I can't figure this thread out.

1. FrankieMeltzer is who again?

2. was the strut majority for or against intervention in libya?

3. what arrogant nonsense has saba been spouting?

4. who's down for a Libya trip?

rootlesscosmo said:

1. FrankieMeltzer is who again? MLJ

2. was the strut majority for or against intervention in libya? Obama is Awesome

3. what arrogant nonsense has saba been spouting? Obama is Bush Lite, Motown is hypocrite.

4. who's down for a Libya trip? Not it.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

1. FrankieMeltzer is who again?

2. was the strut majority for or against intervention in libya?

3. what arrogant nonsense has saba been spouting?

4. who's down for a Libya trip?

The strut is collectively paralyzed in a stress/boredom combo. I apologize for my part in that, but I'm really not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Saba said something incredibly stupid about Black people and then nailed BobDerperado with a momma joke that frankly there is no coming back from unless it involves bottles and bats.