Aussie Folks: Lake Eyre

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Anybody catch the short documentary entitled Salt about landscape photographer Murray Fredericks?

'SALT' Documentary Trailer from Murray Fredericks on Vimeo.

All I can say, is the setting is on some face-melt shit. I want to go there! Anybody here ever been?

Comments

• Quite the surreal place supposedly - I've never been, its a fair hike to get there.
    The lake is probably inundated/full right now, as Australia has had its heaviest inland rains in 15-20 years. From what I gather water transforms the lake from a barren moonscape (like that in the clip) to an incredibly active breeding and migratory site for birds and other types of wildlife.

• hugh_lucero said:
    Quite the surreal place supposedly - I've never been, its a fair hike to get there.
    The lake is probably inundated/full right now, as Australia has had its heaviest inland rains in 15-20 years. From what I gather water transforms the lake from a barren moonscape (like that in the clip) to an incredibly active breeding and migratory site for birds and other types of wildlife.

you gather correctly.....

haven't been myself, but have read plenty and seen documentaries on it before.........the most fascinating part is the contrast between wet and dry.......complete transformation!