Still Bill: Bill Withers Doc

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Someone posted the trailer ages ago but the full torrent of the film has finally been poasted so......

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6135331

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Latte Pass

And

NAGL on the bootleg link

Booooooooo!

• NAGL- are you serious? are the film-makers your homeboys or something? sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Thanks for the link

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    support the film makers, legal download here:

http://stillbillthemovie.com/

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    My kids' school has been showing this to all their classes over the last couple of weeks - made a big impression on my 9 and 11 year old. Sounds great.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    support the film makers, legal download here:

http://stillbillthemovie.com/

• I would advise no longer downloading from Pirate Bay. Verizon sent me an email the other day stating that a movie company caught me infringing on their copyright. So be careful there.

That being said I saw the film. Pretty decent.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    In the queue.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo thanks for reminding me to watch this, n---!
    definitely not an action packed sex filled extravaganza. just simple and modest in its beauty and down to earthness, just like the mans music. a pleasure to watch

the stutterers club song was great

completely beautiful beautiful person.
    daughters got a great voice (and is fine!!)

• glad you dug T! yeah, the part where he cries after she plays him her song is touching. as is the part when he visits the stutter club and gives his speech at the end. salt of the earth.

so one tidbit i found fascinating that martin alluded to was when bill mentions he didn't even get his first guitar until around 1970 , yet within the year of that he was already composing what would turn out to be some of the most enduring pop/soul standards of the decade.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Grabbing this now. Definitely conflicted about downloading it, but I've been trying to catch this in theaters for years, and in all honestly, I'm just not trying to pay 15 bucks for a video file.

People who've peeped already, is there any footage of him performing in Prospect Park a couple years back?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's been on Showtime for a hot minute. Great doc!

• Unherd said:
    People who've peeped already, is there any footage of him performing in Prospect Park a couple years back?

there is footage of a performance of his songs in a park with what looks to be a very sick and elderly cornell dupree on guitar. they show a bunch of other singers (corey glover), etc doing bill's songs as he sits in the audience with his wife when seemingly out of nowhere and to everyone's surprise bill decides to take the stage and join in on a jazzy version of "grandma's hands".

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I really enjoyed this. Bill seems like such a rad dude.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    In the queue.

yeah it is on Netflix, great doc.