Traverse City, MI (spots?)

parenparen 537 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Heading up to Traverse City, MI for a wedding-filled weekend? Any spots in or near?

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    My friend told me of a record store that was up there but that was about 5 years ago. If you're coming through the Grand Rapids area and would like to meet up, shoot me a PM. I'll show you a couple spots.

I'll look and see if I can find any more info on Traverse City though...Nice town but I don't think they have that much to offer as far as records.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    My friend told me of a record store that was up there but that was about 5 years ago. If you're coming through the Grand Rapids area and would like to meet up, shoot me a PM. I'll show you a couple spots.

I'll look and see if I can find any more info on Traverse City though...Nice town but I don't think they have that much to offer as far as records.
    They have to though, unless the kids that make sample-based rap records just download songs to jack.

I know one kid up there that's been working Bob James on some sort of project, or so I hear. I've done a show out there. I've seen the vinyl... but I didn't see where they got it though.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    The only store I can find online is...
    http://www.newmoonrecords.com/

Sup Gambit.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Heading up to Traverse City, MI for a wedding-filled weekend? Any spots in or near?

there used to be a spot w/ records in downtown TC called 'New Moon', but a cursory google search indicates that they have closed / relocated - the last time I went there (over 10 years ago) I recall being disappointed because their used stock was all shitty overpriced classic rawk.

---

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Sup Gambit.
    What up chieftain.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    thanks for all the responses. i am getting ready to trek to my little sister's wedding (at madonna's parents' vineyard. (!?)) and haven't had a chance to really look much but if the records at the local antique stores are any indication... this isn't really boomin'. Will look into things tomorrow a.m.

I will likely roll through Grand Rapids on another jaunt in a month or so, will PM you. Thanks.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    For sure man....just hit me up whenever you roll through.

• Heading up to Traverse City, MI for a wedding-filled weekend? Any spots in or near?
    how far from detroit? stein. . .

• sam909sam909 192.168.0.1 14 Posts

just got back to ann arbor from my jawn's parents spot in elk lake, which is right next to traverse city. don't know of any spots in the tc, BUT we've been peeping this antique/record show deal right on 127 between ithica and lansing mi. usually open saturday and sunday. haven't had a chance to stop the last few times going by, so i can't say what's really real there, but there's quite a few booths with crates and crates of wax.

going to try and stop there next trip up.

• sam909sam909 192.168.0.1 14 Posts
    how far from detroit? . . .

traverse city is about approx 4.5 hours from the d, depending on traffic, construction, and arena brawls.

• parenparen 537 Posts

there used to be a spot w/ records in downtown TC called 'New Moon', but a cursory google search indicates that they have closed / relocated - the last time I went there (over 10 years ago) I recall being disappointed because their used stock was all shitty overpriced classic rawk.

---

Just an FYI, New Moon is no longer around. Apparently, there is a store P.Y.T. somewhere in a mall, but I've yet to hit.

Einsten: Traverse City is no where near Detroit; it's closer to the U.P.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts

just got back to ann arbor from my jawn's parents spot in elk lake, which is right next to traverse city. don't know of any spots in the tc, BUT we've been peeping this antique/record show deal right on 127 between ithica and lansing mi. usually open saturday and sunday. haven't had a chance to stop the last few times going by, so i can't say what's really real there, but there's quite a few booths with crates and crates of wax.

going to try and stop there next trip up.

sam...

I go back to school (Michigan State) in a couple weeks. If you wanna get together and check out that place shoot me a PM. I have heard about it but never made it out there.