Options

I made a mistake.

edited March 2011 in Strut Central
I made a mistake and sent the wrong records.

I was in a hurry and mixed up the addresses on two LP's.

What should I do?

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    let the buyers know asap, get them to return, refund their shipping and the original shipping

• Options
    I did that.
    One person forgave me, is returning the incorrect record and wants me to try again.

The other person is holding it against me. They said they would return the record but then not to call them anymore.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    soulone said:
    I did that.
    One person forgave me, is returning the incorrect record and wants me to try again.

The other person is holding it against me. They said they would return the record but then not to call them anymore.

So both people are returning the incorrect records, right? Just one person is mad about it? Not much you can do there, I guess, except issue a partial refund for the records.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You shouldn't be calling anyone over eBay schitt. E-mail is sufficient.

• bluesnag said:
    soulone said:
    I did that.

So both people are returning the incorrect records, right? Just one person is mad about it? Not much you can do there, I guess, except issue a partial refund for the records.

I'm guessing if the one who is pissed is sending back the wrong record, and they don't wish to be contacted anymore, it MIGHT be a great idea to issue a FULL refund and leave it at that UNLESS they wish for you to continue as initially planned.

I'd leave the ball in their court, but make sure they are not further inconvenienced..... SOULONE has done right here, it's unfortunate that accidents DO happen.....AND we can't help other's reactions

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    this happens from time to time...not THAT big of a deal.....just sort the two fellas out and it should be good

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    It is your responsibility to make sure both buyers are completely happy with their purchase.
    Whatever it takes.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    this happened to me recently, had them resend (one sent back to me, the other forwarded to the other guy)...refunded them shipping, plus a little more for their troubles...