pass on Hall Pass

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Walked out after 1 hour. Only chuckled once. Owen Wilson is not funny without good writing. Was expecting at least a few laughs. Total tepid turd.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    Walked out after 1 hour. Only chuckled once. Owen Wilson is not funny without good writing. Was expecting at least a few laughs. Total tepid turd.

Pretty much, but Jenna Fisher was lookin' good. And I did laugh at "fake chow."

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i can't believe Stephen Merchant would even star in a complete terd like this!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Good job. I've always respected people who walk out of flicks. Last one I dipped from was Napoleon Dynamite. Why waste 2 hours? Be man enough to admit that you made a mistake and move on with your life.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Good job. I've always respected people who walk out of flicks. Last one I dipped from was Napoleon Dynamite. Why waste 2 hours? Be man enough to admit that you made a mistake and move on with your life.

my sister also walked out of Napoleon Dynomite, but she doesnt like movies unless they have Toby Mcquire or Tom Hanks in them. I loved it though.

• i walked out of jurassic park 3. walked into 8 mile instead. weird day.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Why waste 2 hours? Be man enough to admit that you made a mistake and move on with your life.

Hope, that's why.

the_dL said:
    Bon Vivant said:

my sister also walked out of Napoleon Dynomite, but she doesnt like movies unless they have Toby Mcquire or Tom Hanks in them. I loved it though.

20 minutes in, I thought the movie was about a town where everyone had severe mental handicaps. Wasn't feeling it.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    it is definitely not for every one, i have a very dry sense of humour so it appealed to me.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I walked out of Scary Movie... sounds like this needs to be its own topic

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

Napoleon Dynamite is a movie to watch at home.. alone. Not no forced laughs..no mass staring..just chill back relax.. if not even for the movie then for the scenery.

Movies that you think are bad..take a new girl with ya..and sit in the back.. no movie will be watched.. o wait i was thinking bout my days without my own pad.

jamal you old dog you!

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    the_dL said:
    Bon Vivant said:

20 minutes in, I thought the movie was about a town where everyone had severe mental handicaps. Wasn't feeling it.

you sound old.

b/w

i walked out of one of the Harry Potters. i usually try to stick a movie out, regardless of quality. an ending can totally change an initial perception. i even stayed for the entire length of The Cell.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The last movie I can remember walking out of was Waking Life, and I actually like Richard Linklater (for the most part). There was simply too much freshman-level collegiate philosophizing and I couldn't hang anymore. Saw a couple walk out of Trit Grit whenever it came out.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    doesnt like movies unless they have Toby Mcquire or Tom Hanks in them. I loved it though.

I have a friend that only likes movies with Will Smith, explosions, and sideways gun shooting. He thinks Bad Boys 2 is the greatest film of all time. I sort of feel sorry for him.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    jamal you old dog you!
    im bad!

I have a friend that only likes movies with Will Smith, explosions, and sideways gun shooting. He thinks Bad Boys 2 is the greatest film of all time. I sort of feel sorry for him.

He.. is the happiest guy alive.

Jamal said:
    jamal you old dog you!
    im bad!

LL Cool J "bad" or Michael Jackson "bad"?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    sideways gun shooting

See, you laugh, but answer me this: What else are you supposed to do with a sideways gun?

Yeah. You think about that.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    jammy said:
    Jamal said:
    jamal you old dog you!
    im bad!

Jamal said:
    jammy said:
    Jamal said:
    jamal you old dog you!
    im bad!

got dayum. that's sirrius.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    haha word. bad to the bone..cant get badder than that.

unless you have a scar on the side of your face that chicks dig.

cookbook said:

you sound old.

b/w

i walked out of one of the Harry Potters. i usually try to stick a movie out, regardless of quality. an ending can totally change an initial perception. i even stayed for the entire length of The Cell.

I was 23 at the time.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I can't walk outta movies, I paid for it, gotta stick it out, maybe the end will kick it up a notch.
    I didn't even walk outta Dracula 2000, but THAT was a movie that pushed me to the brink/white knucklin.