DR.DRE Headphones

CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Anybody used them yet? Is it just a hype?Saw this and it is kinda giving them thumbs up but a little suspect...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHNiHibjWMalso are they better than the Beyerdynamic DT770(that I currently have).

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    copped a never opened pair for $70 and they sound excellent to me. very clean and clear, and the noise canceling is stellar. very wide dynamic range. But i dont know the Beyerdynamics so i cant compare. i think they sound better than the good sony studio headphones that go for about $140 (i forget the exact ones, the ones you always see). they are a bit fragile though. are they worth $300? i dont think so. but they are probably worth $150+.

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    Thanks for the input. My girl swooped'em for my birthday(maybe) so I wanted to get some feedback because for that price if they're a hype I'd tell her to return'em.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    only $70??

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I heard they break easily.
    They're $150+ I thought?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I heard they break easily.
    They're $150+ I thought?

150 + Fragile =

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    thats a fancy lil box for sho

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    plus, the monster clean cloth could come in very handy

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I am more fascinated by/cannot get past the following:

1. "Unboxing Live"

2. ".. if you don't know who Dr. Dre is........"

3. Here we have...this is some little information booklet (acts like that's some surprising shit)

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    That video's kinda funny.
    Imagine using those to answer calls on your iPhone?
    Lookin like GI Joe n shit.

Also did you see the big ass manual FOR HEADPHONES?
    Good or bad these headphones are a gimmick.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I am more fascinated by/cannot get past the following:

1. "Unboxing Live"

• I can tell you asuredly they cost about 4.50$ to make, and tjlhat includes packaging. How much is having dr dres name on the side of your head worth? Meh.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Not surprised. Monster's markup is always ridiculous.

• For sure.

Monster cables are the biggest scam in the history of audio.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    having dr dres name on the side of your head

...is not even cool. As a matter of fact, I don't want anyone's name on the side of my head, but then again my stance stays anti-logo.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Monster cables are the biggest scam in
    the history of audio.

Hell yeah, some of their prices and products, like Monster MIDI Cables, are just so ridiculous. And people actually buy them, like it will make a difference!

I mean half the records I love were probably recorded through a coat hanger anyway. What a brilliant scheme tho. I always see the founder dude riding around trade shows on his gold plated segway, while his wife tries to keep up. Hilarious..

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    very true, when i was working at gc...the markups were pretty intense. sad thing is was that they were unbreakable minimums =( so we could never discount em even if we wanted to.

those headphones are not dope. keep the dt770's.

though i can say that the next dre/sound company collab will be dope..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im beginning to see these just as much as i see regular Ear-In Plug phones.

Everybody and their mama is rockin these Dre joints.

I was at the bar last week and the waitress handed me a pair w/ the Foam detatched from the Ear.

She asked if i could fix them. Sheeeeeeeit, for that money they should never come off.
    Especially if your some regular person vs some DJ that takin his shits errywhere all the time.

I got a pair of Sony joints from the 90's that I still have at home, and the foam is attached.

I really feel like folks are being scammed.

Why does anyone need super expensive headphones for a flat MP3s?

• batmon said:

Why does anyone need super expensive headphones for a flat MP3s?

i kinda wonder the same thing. there's a lot of good headphones for ipod listening that lie somewhere between ipod earbuds and pro joints. of course, there are various quality levels with mp3s, but are any of them improved by $200+ headphones? how many of these sales are driven by people looking to stand-out from the white earbudded masses?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:

Those are sexy, but nah.

100 yes, 300 = WTF????

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    let's get some PUTS in ear monitoring happening. THAT is what's up!

• fuck em.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    50 cent is also said to be releasing headphones called 'sleek'.
    this has led to an alleged beef with dre. or not.

these artists endorsed headphones are prettty much bound to be crap.pretty much for toys only i would say. why bother if you can fuck with serious non brand branded shits like senheiser or sony.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    You can buy dirt cheap knock-off's in the street markets around Asia, that look just like the real thing with a legit box and all the parts. Not sure of the sound quality though.....
    Just be careful if you buy them online or through ebay......they might be bootlegs!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    batmon said:

It really is crazy. I see them multiple times on any given subway ride, and at times they seem more popular then the white earbuds.

I really feel like folks are being scammed.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:

I saw a homeless dude rocking Dre headphones not too long ago.

And yes, folls are getting scammed.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Its amazing how many people can hate something they've never used.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    edpowers said:

I've used 'em plenty. They're fine, but they're completely unnecessary for 95 percent of the people who bought them. That's the scam: Convincing people who only need $40 headphones to buy $200 headphones.

• DJ_Enki said:
    edpowers said:

I've used 'em plenty. They have hyped EQ curves, they break, planned obsolescence. They're completely unnecessary for 100 percent of the people who bought them. That's the scam: Convincing people who only need $40 headphones to buy $200 headphones that cost .50 cents to make