How do we feel about Dusty Groove?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
I have looked at their stuff online a bunch but this past weekend I actually got to visit the store. I was a little unimpressed with the quantity there but perhaps that's because of such a high turnover. Maybe, I'm just spoiled with Jerry's Records here in Pittsburgh.

That being said I found a 45 I've been looking for long time within 30 seconds of entering the store!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:

That being said I found a 45 I've been looking for long time within 30 seconds of entering the store!

Nice One!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    RAJ said:
    downtownrobbrown said:

Nice One!

"Funky Soul" is right - because this 45 is filled to the brim with both funkiness and soul! It's a grooving little number - a drum break starts it off nicely, and when the sax comes in, it really starts to cook!

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    love dustygroove and check their new arrivals daily. i've bought more from them than everywhere else combined inc amazon and ebay. biggest selection of the stuff i like on the planet (now if i could buy from diskunion and the likes in japan, and i really wish i could, then it would be a different story. but i would be absolutely skint). service is always outstanding, never had a problem shipping to the UK, and where else do you get informative reviews like that? pricing and buying is probably as fair as anywhere too. love dustygroove, they are the goat for me.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Some Funny DG related threads from years past.. Do a search:

Dustygroove Speak!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Rishan said:
    ...where else do you get informative reviews like that?

Dude!

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    haha, i meant ANY type of review/information! at least it lets you know roughly what something sounds like. if you're unsure it can help. yeah the reviews mad fooled me when i first started buying, but now i can translate them!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    RAJ said:
    this was excellent

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I miss it. One of my favorite stores in Chicago, and I do like their 45 section.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    damms said:
    RAJ said:
    this was excellent

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    I have looked at their stuff online a bunch but this past weekend I actually got to visit the store. I was a little unimpressed with the quantity there but perhaps that's because of such a high turnover. Maybe, I'm just spoiled with Jerry's Records here in Pittsburgh.

Jerrrys Records has you spoiled?? Wow I have never been impressed with that store you are better off bidding on his auctions (as with most stores nowadays).

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Great for batches of grooves with a stepping feel.

• sweatshop said:
    downtownrobbrown said:

Jerrrys Records has you spoiled?? Wow I have never been impressed with that store you are better off bidding on his auctions (as with most stores nowadays).

Spoiled as far as quanity although pricing too if you are able to go there a lot and dig.