Beginning of the week finds

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just found that Staples record last month. I like it! They are awesome!

nice!

Was it an old Vee JAy press or an MCA dealiemabob? Those MCA's are missing a lil' something (besides crackle )

MCA represses in general are such poor quality...I "upgraded" from a mint MCA 70's repress of Bobby Bland "Two Steps from the Blues" to a VG- Duke OG that sounded 1,000 times tougher, with barely any noise, despite mad scratches. Buddy Holly ya gotta get Coral OG's cause those MCA repros sound like Buddy Knox, the way they mastered those bitches...and those Who 70's MCA issues, ugh...I'll stop...

• FUCKER

ah damn, I was thinking of the Mighty Clouds Of Joy reissued...their early PEacock lp's are super tough to find, THOSE are the ones later issued on MCA. I got my facts all fucked up today. These taxes are melting my mind like fine and and obscure vintage wizard rock

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    (cue wizard rock emocon...)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    got a few scattered pick ups over the last couple of days:

Champaign[/b] "How Bout Us" (Columbia) - already one of my favorite modern soul albums I own. Not a bad track on here.

Sandra Feva[/b] "Savoir Faire" (Venture) - small bay area label LP from '81. The track Leaving this time is downtempo monster. Even has 2 nice drumbreaks

Rinlew Allstars[/b] "S/T" (AVI) - seen this at a local thrift for some time picked it up after seeing it on another webste. Not bad...not great either though.

Leroy Hutson[/b] "Closer To The Source" (Curtom)

Sweet Marie [/b] "1" (Yard Bird) - private press LP that is defimitly the pick of the week. 3 piece group with a very black rock. Hendrix Merda sound. Does anyone have anymore info on this group?

• Sweet Marie 1[/b] "S/T" (Yard Bird) - private press LP that is defimitly the pick of the week. 3 piece group with a very black rock. Hendrix Merda sound. Does anyone have anymore info on this group?

Yeah, i think those cats are from Hawaii...they had a 45 too with a song (I forget the title of course) that probably got some airplay out there and here in Cali....

• I remember now..."Stella's Candy Store"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    A few more-

Clarence Reid-running water, thanks JP
    Richard Crandell/Bill Bartels- oregon hill
    Richard Crandell- in the flower of our youth(both private folk lps that are so rad, sound like Fahey,no vocals messin up the music)
    Rusty Like- Hcrink's old indie band demo, this shit is cool, I just listened to the first song 3 times before I even got to the second song, real headz know the deal!!! haha, thanx dude.

Rusty Like- Hcrink's old indie band demo, this shit is cool, I just listened to the first song 3 times before I even got to the second song, real headz know the deal!!! haha, thanx dude.

haha! I'm glad you like it!

• Rusty Like- Hcrink's old indie band demo, this shit is cool, I just listened to the first song 3 times before I even got to the second song, real headz know the deal!!! haha, thanx dude.

haha! I'm glad you like it!

WURD i got that shit too... itz dope

I have one copy left for anyone that wants it...

• hey!

whassup with Crinkraer?

I almost forget my most glamorous find...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I remember now..."Stella's Candy Store"

That track isn't on the LP.

The Album is pressed in Woodland Hills, CA but it says it was recorded in Hawaii. This shit is really nice J**h do you know of anything else these guys did?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

[i]Just you wait and see, Janice. My little Jeffrey's gonna hit it big someday! He's - as the young'uns say - "bustin' moves in the real world!"

[i]This one's going out to you, Ma! Right after you make me some cheese & macaroni!"

• I remember now..."Stella's Candy Store"

That track isn't on the LP.

The Album is pressed in Woodland Hills, CA but it says it was recorded in Hawaii. This shit is really nice J**h do you know of anything else these guys did?

No, but I would bet the lp you found is quite a bit tougher to find than the 45... unless it was a follow up and they anticipated good sales. From the sound you described it's probably earlier..."Stella" is pretty much a straight heavy rock number. (I remember envisioning a young van halen group when I checked it out?)

"This one's going out to you, Ma! Right after you make me some cheese & macaroni!"

How did you know what I ate for dinner tonight?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

"Yo Crinkmeister! Howzabout you let your good friend Antoine Pearson shred for you! You & me, kid, we'll rule the 80's!!!"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You should design a cover for it to give it that "private press" feel.

• WURDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first 100 had covers I think. I have one with a cover. It's a kinkos photo-copy picture of the back bay. pretty ghetto...

• I have one copy left for anyone that wants it...

The first 100 had covers I think. I have one with a cover. It's a kinkos photo-copy picture of the back bay. pretty ghetto...

you will have pm

Can you post it?

Can you post it?

yes. give me a few minutes...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Smith lp is o.k. Me? I'd rather buy a can of Dennisons.

• yer...

post singersongwriterjesusman up in this shit too.

ap

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    It is worth a buck.

and here is singer-songwriter jesus man. his cover is a little worn, but the vinyl is super nice...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

No, but I would bet the lp you found is quite a bit tougher to find than the 45... unless it was a follow up and they anticipated good sales. From the sound you described it's probably earlier..."Stella" is pretty much a straight heavy rock number. (I remember envisioning a young van halen group when I checked it out?)

take a listen for youself...sounding a lot more iron knowledge that Van Halen IMO

Snippets

• yeah that must precede the 'hit', way more earthy/groovy

Dude, that's hot!