Japan tsunami

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Al Jazeera has live footage of the tsunami rolling in: http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

the quake has just been upgraded to 8.9

the Western Pacific is now on tsunami watch.

Stay safe strutters.

Comments

• holy shit man, im sitting here working on the artists packet and i'm seeing these prayforjapan feeds rolling in... gutted. Please hang in there my folk

• Options
    Aftershocks as well. Terrible.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    They have tsunami warnings for Hawaii as well. Be safe everyone.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Good god this is serious. I know it's early but if the strut is down for charity this certainly seems like a heateoxk situation.

Anyone got Becan/ DJ Sheeps info please hit me on the PM. At last check the homie was in Japan and I want to make sure he's good

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm fine guys, back in Australia, and just survived the floods. This is horrible.

I know fellow strutter Matt B is ok, still waiting to hear from the hommie Plainstone. Ya'll take care. After all the "minor" earthquakes that scared the shit out of me, I can't imagine how this would have felt in Tokyo, let alone up north.

Follow the simple rules guys, everyone that lives or visits Japan should learn the protocol. Make sure you open the windows/doors in your house and get under a table when the aftershocks happen.

peace.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Watching the footage streaming now of the water and debris rapidly eating up the fields, roads, homes, cars and it's chilling to the bone. Only hope at the moment is that Japan has more experience than most at setting itself up to deal with these situations and that casualties are kept to a minimum. Over 4 million without power already though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Watching now. Too Crazy. I hope many are not hurt or death in all the countries is low (50 counties for Tsunami warnings).

Hope all the people I care about and there families are safe.

I just booked flights to Asia last night and we are doing a week in Japan.

• was crazy scary here!!!! some huge tremors in tokyo, worst I've experienced here by far in the 10 odd years I've been here!!!!
    nearly a few nugs dropped

• Oh man, my heart is skipping beats.

• yeah, by far the most terrifying moment of my life.......you don't know which way it's gonna go!

I was in an old building, too, and it's been said for a while now that THE big one is imminent!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    never seen anything like it. The tsunami sweeping across the farmland is unbelievable.

Hang in there Japan.

Lets hope that the pacific can survive this.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Woke up to the shocking footage this morning. A few people I know are speculating that it might be something to do with the effects of the nearness of the moon (closer to the Earth than it's been for 19 years), although I don't know if there's any kind of precedent for when that last happened. Either way, it's an appalling business, and my thoughts are with the people trying to live through this right now.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    tsunami warning for the US west coast right now ..

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Live coverage here......

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tbstv

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    CRAZY!!!!! I really hope everyone is safe. I talked to most of my people in Tokyo and everyone there is okay.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i just got up, its 8:30am here, shit is all over the news...wtf?

stay safe y'all

crazy i just tried to google sumthin and they are pushing warnings through googles front page, i never saw anything like that before...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Been on the skype with the hommies out there, it's crazy, peoples houses and offices are messed up, in Tokyo, I would hate to see what Sendai is like. Thoughts and prayers to the people of Japan. Stay strong, ya'll have been through a lot in recent times financially and otherwise.

The streets apparently are crazy in Shinjuku at the moment with people having nowhere to go in the busiest train station in the world.

Please all Japan strutters check in and let us know if there's anything we can do to help from abroad.

Bevan

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    one of the nuclear plants has gone instable? scary

Japan declares nuclear emergency

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    djsheep said:
    I would hate to see what Sendai is like.

300 bodies found so far.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Spent the morning trying to contact friends and associates across the Pacific Rim.

Have been told the initial fatality numbers are very low vs. reality.

My thoughts are with all involved and the next 48 hours will be spent putting together relief packages.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Was in Shinjuku when it hit. Never seen anything like that, it's amazing that there were no collapsed buildings or windows breaking where I was at. No collapsed houses or any fires all the way back to my house and then I went back and turned on the news and kablam. Hope Japan Strutters are safe.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    staxwax said:

AP is reporting that not just "a cooling system has failed" but that all of the cooling system of Fukushima has collapsed and that the entire plant is without power with emergency power system non-functioning. This thing could go Chernobyl.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Frank said:
    staxwax said:

AP is reporting that not just "a cooling system has failed" but that all of the cooling system of Fukushima has collapsed and that the entire plant is without power with emergency power system non-functioning. This thing could go Chernobyl.

fukkkkkkkkkkkk they're heading for a meltdown

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i finally just heard from friends in Ichikawa-shi, he and his girl are fine, but he said hes never seen buildings bend like rubber before and hes quite far away from what i know, heard that some friends in our Japan Corporate offices are fine as well, they were on the 8th floor of the building when it hit and the place just shook..a few people that i know appear to be missing and people dont know where they are...

still havent heard from some other really close friends though...thank god for facebook on days like this...

jebus!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Frank said:
    staxwax said:

fukkkkkkkkkkkk they're heading for a meltdown
    They just said on the news that they have gotten power back and the cooling system is back online.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    300 dead & 500 missing now. Thoughts & prayers with all affected in Japan

My heart sank when I saw pictures of the tsunami approaching a highway. Cars unknowingly approaching it & washed away seconds later.....

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    2 trains reported missing
    how is that even possible

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    damms said:

just seen some more footage on the 5 o clock News here. Entire villages beings washed away.....horrible to see

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    damms said:

If you saw the videos, the force of the tsunami waters rushing in absolutely could have washed away trains. Simply devastating.