Discogs v gemm

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
I like how on discogs it seems people are competing to see who can price their records cheapest.
On gemm the reverse appears to rule the day.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I visit discogs a lot but have never bought from them.
    I have had a lot of good luck with Gemm - long time wants found, great prices, great condition, no bad sales (yet! touch wood), and it's a personal taste thing I guess, but I like Gemm's lay-out better.
    It is a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS, however, to leave feedback. They need to address that shit.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    GEMM needs to address a lot of serious issues. I took down my inventory during a move in 2009 and since closed the email account I used for GEMM. Easy enough. Start a new shop, right? Not so fast. They cross-polinated my account with somebody using a similar email address - I actually managed to somehow "hack" into his account. Fantastic! I emailed GEMM to let them know and ask for some assistance getting myself going there again.

date Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    subject RE: GMV***** account woes

Br**n,

We'll get back to you on this. Please give us a little time as we are a bit backed up currently.

Thank you for using GEMM!

Best Regards,
    Shane
    GEMM

I've heard nothing from them since. GEMM needs to get their act together. When it works, it's MUCH better than Discogs, at least for 45s. Discogs is fine for titles that are already in the database.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    touch wood

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    bassie said:
    I visit discogs a lot but have never bought from them.
    I have had a lot of good luck with Gemm - long time wants found, great prices, great condition, no bad sales (yet! touch wood), and it's a personal taste thing I guess, but I like Gemm's lay-out better.
    It is a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS, however, to leave feedback. They need to address that shit.

^^THIS, i use GEMM a few times a week and there are some crazy issues, my big thing is when you are viewing your "Review ALL current and past orders and transactions" page its a friggin mess and shit is all over the place in no order at all "Orders" are at the top and below that shows "Transactions" which are the same damn thing and they are doubled up which makes it confusing as hell if youve order more then 10 albums its a bunch of redundant info, when you give a user feedback it stays in it current form which makes it confusing as well, i find myself looking at purchases more then once, making sure i left feedback, they really need to do sumthin about it.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I prefer discogs. It seems a lot more people checking it than gemm. If a record is listed and you do a google search on e of the first listings is alaway discogs. Big advantage imho.

DB_Cooper said:

lol - Awwww, no, no, come back here.....