Indianapolis... what's good? (RR & Non)

3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Going out to Indy for the first time for a week on business. Hoping to get in a bit of shopping but didn't see anything in the city guide and forum searches. Did some searching and found a few shops but nothing that looks too promising. Does anyone know the deal? Any shops with solid titles? Not looking for thrift price scores just good clean records and will pay accordingly. If anyone knows any top-shelf private dealers out there as well I'd appreciate any info.

Also looking for any good food spots. I'm staying right around Purdue University and recommendations in the area woluld be greatly appreciated. If there's some gallery, museum, etc. that's a must-see if in the city, would appreciate tips.

Cheers.

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

Mulligan's steakhouse

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    Been here since yesterday and the record scene is looking pretty dismal... anyone have any tips? No strutters in Indy??

If someone could set me up with a local dealer with quality stock it'd be greatly appreciated... got a G in my pocket and itching to spend.

• 3RD Man: I'm here in Indianapolis and the game is pretty dismal. It's been harder and harder to find good stuff for the last few years. Records (not anything great usually) can be found at Vibes Music on 54th Street, just east of college, Luna at 52nd and college and Indy CD & Vinyl up on Broad Ripple Ave. There's other thrift spots and flea markets and shit but those are pretty much a crapshoot. Sorry mang. What kinda food you like? We got plenty of that shit. You like beer? I work in a local craft brewery. Records? Meh...

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    shawnald_reagan said:
    I work in a local craft brewery.

Sun King? We got a keg of Osiris for my wife's birthday over Memorial Day weekend last year, great beer. Did they open up the new place on BR Ave? Lot of good beer centered places have opened up in the 'Nap the last few years.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    Thanks for the info, SR. Had some Sun King yesterday, not too shabby.

Hit up a couple shops around Fountain Square today and no luck. Saw those 3 stores you mentioned on a quick search and see they're all around the same area, more or less, about 5 miles north of where I'm staying. Was planning on checkin em out tomorrow before the Pacers game if I got the time. Hopefully better luck there.

Grabbed a filet mignon with blue cheese at Harry & Izzy`s tonight as St. Elmo`s was an hour-and-a-half wait (on a Monday no less). Top shelf stuff! Any suggestions for good Indian, Thai or Ethiopian in the downtown area would be appreciated.