Upsetter OG check

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I got a very clean copy of Wailers Dreamland last year. THink it is probably a repro but don't know how to tell. Orange/White label with the big hole, not the UK stlye like they be having in the those repro Wailers 45 boxsets. Help a rookie out.

Comments

• Options
    Hole could be punched out (though you'd be able to tell). What's the matrix? SOunds like a 80's or current repro. I have a Upsetter blank of that if you need it.

Kevin in Canada.

• I got a very clean copy of Wailers Dreamland last year. THink it is probably a repro but don't know how to tell. Orange/White label with the big hole, not the UK stlye like they be having in the those repro Wailers 45 boxsets. Help a rookie out.
    well the record I have on upsetter (wich is OG) is orange/white upsetter writen in blue and a big hole..
    but I couldnt give a better description, cos the record isnt near me (unless I "get up", but f that)

• Options
    OG UK UPsetter matrix should read US-371 A/B (the one I mentioned for sale above is the JA OG Upsetter). Bunny Wailer and the Wailers recut the tune in '76 on UK Island to the same rhythm.

Easy, K.

• I got a very clean copy of Wailers Dreamland last year. THink it is probably a repro but don't know how to tell. Orange/White label with the big hole, not the UK stlye like they be having in the those repro Wailers 45 boxsets. Help a rookie out.
    well the record I have on upsetter (wich is OG) is orange/white upsetter writen in blue and a big hole..

but I couldnt give a better description, cos the record isnt near me (unless I "get up", but f that)
    sorry record does not have Big hole, it still has the part u can punch out...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    No punch out for sure. Matrix us371a/us371b. Says made in England.

• Options
    SOunds legit (unless Trojan used the same matrix for later issues - I've never double checked that). You got pictures? Is the label paper kinda hemp-like?

K>

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Paper seems normal not JA style. Crossed out in the runnout is a machine cut looking matrix #: gpw + 34 + a/gpw + 34 + b . i worry because it is so perfectly minty. Seems unlikely but it's not JA and Maybe UK had better prints of this stuff.

• Options
    I know it's not JA - maybe I should have told you in the begging. All orange/white Upsetters are from the UK, whther they're OG or not. JA Upsetter look DIRTY! Come ca

K in Canada.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Thanks. For the lovely picks. I'll take the Max Romeo and the Earl Smith. So it there a way to know if it is an OG UK product? Matrix seems right, color is right. Did UK have large holes? I see no tell tale signs that it has been punched out. Maybe we need to bring in some CSI boys on this shit.

Doctor Dick

• DR.

Let me know which of these you have left if any. very interested in buyin.
    You can PM me.

JS

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    DR.

Let me know which of these you have left if any. very interested in buyin.
    You can PM me.

JS

Sorry, playa alls I got is the one Dreamland. Apparently, JA heat is mass produced in the great white north. take that shit to the Soufriere's PM.

• Options
    Really sounds like you got an 80's reish to me. I can see the matrix being the same seeing as it was still the same company. Pic's would help better.

As far as mass-produced JA heat goes, I work my ass off to get these records. Ads in Roti shops (lots of these in Scarborough) and JA dances, asking people on the bus, the usual record shops/fairs/dealers connects, etc...I just live in a blessed city that way.

Easy, K.

• I would be happy to take this of your hands- must be a burden,

• Options
    Yeah, the dub side is really start to piss me off

K.

• feeling very sorry for you