instant flippage

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Should there be a certain agreed-upon grace period as far as publicly flipping records from others in the community? For like, the past year, I had this guy bugging me to sell him this super rare psych/folk 45. Finally I relented, figuring "wow" he must really like this record to be so persistent... Its cool to help out other collectors with their wants so we cut a deal I and sent off this ungoogleable 45 ... only to see him put it on his newest sales list pretty much instantaneously. Seriously, he couldn't have had the record for 24 hrs even before switching the $ sign to a GBP mark and circulating it on his list.

I'm not calling shade on the dude; he seems like a good guy and always sells good stuff for fair prices. Nor am I at all salty about him making his bit of money or whatever. I had been fishing for a higher price for awhile but nobody was biting on my end, so good for him if he can get nicer prices. Just saying he could have been a bit more demure about it, that's all. Like, wait a month or something.

Comments

• Options
    No, what's yours is yours, what is his is his.

He is blatantly removing educational material from the community, making harder for the people in the community to afford.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Under the right circumstances I don't see much wrong with turning things over quickly. But the fact that he was pestering you to get this makes it seem like sort of a tacky move.

• at least he wasn't french -- it would have been on his sales list before he actually bought it. drop shipping moves.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    hcrink said:
    Under the right circumstances I don't see much wrong with turning things over quickly. But the fact that he was pestering you to get this makes it seem like sort of a tacky move.