wow, I knew these GOP govenors were fools...but I had no idea

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979057065

"Do we really need free school bus service, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Asian-Pacific Heritage Month, ESL, special needs and enrichment programs like music, art or math Olympiad? I think we should get back to the basics of the three Rs, reading writing and arithmetic. I mean when is the last time a 6th grade science fair project yielded a cure for a disease?" Rick Perry

loss for words. I never would think someone who can create policy for millions of people would not "get it" to this degree.

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    This shit is ridiculous. That Daily Show segment that showed the outright smear campaign against teachers by Republicans made me want to shoot my TV. Granted, it was edited together for maximum evilness, but the quotes themselves were pretty heinous.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979057065

"Do we really need free school bus service, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Asian-Pacific Heritage Month, ESL, special needs and enrichment programs like music, art or math Olympiad? I think we should get back to the basics of the three Rs, reading writing and arithmetic. I mean when is the last time a 6th grade science fair project yielded a cure for a disease?" Rick Perry

loss for words. I never would think someone who can create policy for millions of people would not "get it" to this degree.

This new wave of simple-minded GOP governors is horrible (we're living with Gov Baccala here in NJ) but Rick Perry is an especially stupid motherfucker.
    I'm never sure if he's just pandering to his neanderthal base, or if he really means it, but either way he's just dangerous.
    Attacking special needs education? Really dude?
    This is social Darwinism writ large, and is remarkably disgusting, considering how many of these creeps keep their followers marching in step by thumping on their bibles.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    This is no surprise. Rick Perry has always been an idiot.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    double post

This is no surprise. Rick Perry has always been an idiot.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

WHEN TRIPLE POSTING GOES RIGHT

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    fuck it, who need ed-u-ma-ca-shun anyways?

put those children to work in the mines or sewing Nikes with their tiny little fingers

get some of those overseas jobs back

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Rick Perry is an especially stupid motherfucker.

According to Rick Perry the most dangerous city in America is Juarez, Mexico! No doubt about it!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    by this logic we should scrap all school sports...because, what percentage of high school athletes go on to the pro level? I know that all of the coaches stipneds, stadium/facility expenses, uniforms, transportation, support staff, etc cost more than any special ed class, science fair, etc. I was an Athletic Trainer in a Texas school distict and between the trainer salaries, supply budgets and athlete insurance, stationed ambulances at events ($600 an hour) was in the millions. But that will never happen..."real" America only cares about Jesus, Guns and sports.

The saddest thing to me is that people in Texas actually voted Perry into office again. I am not one of them though.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    billbradley said:
    The saddest thing to me is that people in Texas actually voted Perry into office again. I am not one of them though.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I'm pretty sure outside of Austin, Houston, Dallas, and El Paso is where Rick Perry got his votes. He is an embarrassment beyond words. Like the time he said that he would refuse taking stimulus money and might even consider seceding over the stimulus then turned around and accepted stimulus money for his budget. Like the time he made up drug cartel violence in El Paso, THE SAFEST CITY IN THE ENTIRE USA.

• Options
    Grandfather said:
    I'm pretty sure outside of Austin, Houston, Dallas, and El Paso is where Rick Perry got his votes. He is an embarrassment beyond words. Like the time he said that he would refuse taking stimulus money and might even consider seceding over the stimulus then turned around and accepted stimulus money for his budget. Like the time he made up drug cartel violence in El Paso, THE SAFEST CITY IN THE ENTIRE USA.

Hmm, I wonder why moronic shitheads like Perry get elected where they do...

http://febp.newamerica.net/k12/rankings/naep4read09

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Like the time he made up drug cartel violence in El Paso, THE SAFEST CITY IN THE ENTIRE USA.

Well, to be fair, there were car bombs going off in Juarez!
    :SMH:@RickPerry

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

To bring it all full circle...guess what we dont have in Texas, Teacher's Unions

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    "They are rich and they're mean.
    They won't listen to me."

Also, did anyone hear Gov. Fester from FL say that teaching is a part time job and they are paid too much?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I was just told this article is satire.

oh well, he still sucks.

• The_Hook_Up said:

oh well, he still sucks.

If that's the case, Perry ought to be embarrassed by how much it sounds like reality.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Texas GOP are awesome!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/01/texas.immigration.bill/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

"unless they are hiring a maid, a lawn caretaker or another houseworker."

You know they need their cheap slave labor to keep their mansions in check!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

oh well, he still sucks.

If that's the case, Perry ought to be embarrassed by how much it sounds like reality.

Poe's Law: Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.

It works for political fundamentalism just as well as it does for religious fundamentalism.

• Options
    Grandfather said:
    BobDesperado said:

To bring it all full circle...guess what we dont have in Texas, Teacher's Unions

It's understandable. If you teach kids to read the next thing you know they'll be exposed to EVIL-ution and grow up to be communists.