February Finds

1235»

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I took wifey to a book signing today about 90 miles west of B-More. 1 town over was Funkstown (no bullshit, that's the town's name). Tons of antique stores and all had some pretty dope stuff. This place totally caught me off guard, money wise. So I made a lot of connects and put the the "I'm looking for old records" word out for a future visit. But here's a few things I grabbed. Everything was a buck or cheaper.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

mahna and van ammelrooy are duups, holleur

• Breez: Love that Crow Music, if only for the "White Eyes" track.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Cosmophonic said:
    Breez: Love that Crow Music, if only for the "White Eyes" track.

That record definitely has its moments. It really surprised the hell out of me.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

b/w "Un Domingo Sin Ti"

• mo'

including some tasty 7" EPs id never found/seen before.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

• "apres ski" ost is a dupe on the trading block. this is a rip of a couple of the better songs i did a while back:

"le doux renard"
    http://www.divshare.com/download/8318490-015

"le grand marc"
    http://www.divshare.com/download/8318492-e31

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    just found a minty copy of this for $5

• ^^ damn she lookin sessy!

last few days of february - not much over here..

• leonleon 883 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    ^^ damn she lookin sessy!

last few days of february - not much over here..

That is a nice find! Is it signed?

• yup, and he also signed it on behalf of the 'Marshmallows'

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Some (most?) collectors don't like it when someone wrote on the cover, but when it's the artist(s) i generally don't mind at all, i think its a fun extra even.

• leon said:
    Some (most?) collectors don't like it when someone wrote on the cover, but when it's the artist(s) i generally don't mind at all, i think its a fun extra even.

i feel you on that. either way, this is for me.

radio call signs on the other hand.. :talib:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    february diggin has been freezing cold, came up on a few heaters never the less

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    upskiboo said:

damn!! nice pile. ive never ever seen a sweet charles in person - never at a store, show or in field.

hows that GSF rock opera?

• upskiboo said:
    february diggin has been freezing cold, came up on a few heaters never the less

WOW! Great Find! :feelin_it:

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Last few days -

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    upskiboo said:

is this any good?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    probably not.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    finds of the weekend
    so that was february

karlophone said:
    upskiboo said:

damn!! nice pile. ive never ever seen a sweet charles in person - never at a store, show or in field.

hows that GSF rock opera?

yeah, still in shrink, clean as a whistle, for a dollar, cant complain about the price..
    long time ago as a youngster coming up, actually had this in my hands, sealed, there was a whole stack, warehouse sealed stock copies for ultra cheap, did not buy a single one, as i remember it, my friend had a copy and for some reason i thought the album was doo, daamn haha, i regreted that for some time afterwards, only seen it since for big money.. until last week that is! ;)

free the black mans chains is ok, varies a bit, has a few decent funky soul cuts, nothing to get really excited about.. as i picked it up, i was hoping skulls snaps might be involved because of the label connection

planless said:
    upskiboo said:

is this any good?

sounds like a one tracker to me, one ok track, electric miles fusion mode, with some pretty cool drumbreak action