the best hangover breakfest?

Comments

• Scott said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    Cold pizza that you bought last night and fell asleep before you could eat it

Exactly. Some of you dudes have different definitions of "hungover" than me. If I can leave the house for food or cook myself an elaborate soy-based Thai meal, I'm not really hungover and

When it's bad, a large glass of milk works well.

while stumblin' down to the corner,or drivin' a half mile doesnt seem to be an insurmountable task while hungover, I have to cosign on the cooking end of things...also Im not sold on the grease-less hangover cures and foods that require the manual dexterity required to handle a pair of chopsticks...I need food with grease and that can be eaten with the hands...short on patience while hungover.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    sausage biscuit with cheese and some hash browns from mcdonalds. lemonade vitamin water

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I don't really get hungover, so I go straight for rejuvenation.
    I usually make really a spicy soup with greens, lots of turmeric and freshly grated ginger just before serving.

• anything topped with green chili from this place (King's Chef Diner, Colorado Springs):

Owner is a real asshole, but this was the go-to spot in college

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    y`all trippin. The best you could imagine is a proper Wei??wurstfr??hst??ck.
    Eat a bunch of white saussages with sweet mustard and brezels.
    All combinded with a decent Wei??bier, preferably from upper franconia.
    Nothing can beat a proper renewed jag.

So true!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Beer

• I need a little while before I eat when I wake up hungover.

My favorite thing to get my stomach in shape is a lemonade: Juice a lemon into 12-16 oz of water, add honey to taste, fresh ginger and a few drops of this:

to get your mineral levels back quickly.

After this I would go for any number of the dishes mentioned here.

• Options
    Boil two handfuls of oats, once they are ready add a little butter and a little brown sugar. Take a cold shower. Go for a walk and take a banana. Eat the banana.

For lunch drink some water and eat a turkey, lettuce, and tomato sandwich.

What hangover?

• alright if we're getting real, and can't leave the house:

-eggs
    -hot sauce
    -toast
    -budweiser
    -key bumps

there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sex

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    sex
    good bud
    baconeggncheese sandwich
    big cup of coffee and/or OJ
    and some good tunes on the hi-fi

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    I need food with grease and that can be eaten with the hands

I'm with hookup onthis one. I generally love all kinds of spicy treats, but when i'm in really rough shape, only copious grease can save me. Usually a bacon cheese burger or something.

My girl, on the other hand, starts with a banana and a coke. If thats seems to be working ok, she follows it with a plain bagel. She claims the banana's potassium is a "proven" cure, and to each his own I guess, but miss me with most of that.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    minneap said:
    If it's real bad I go for a Jameson and 2 Excedrin. Then it's usually the burrito spot by me for a huevos con chorizo burrito. I'll only eat half if I work that day (itis-r), otherwise I'll put the whole thing back and hope there's a good game on.

The Jameo/Excedrin combo is a key component though.

Jesus Christ, dude! Do you chew the excedrin and wash it down with the shot?

• dollar_bin said:
    Huevos con chorizo, beans, rice, and handmade tortillas.

i pretty much only switch between this and eggs benedict

• Hair of the Dog is a good route to go, but don't go overboard or you will just get drunk again! A Bloody Mary, Michelada, or just a bubbly beer alone will help! Other helpful additions- caffeine and advil. Foodwise, Chilaquilles, sausage, pickles, bread, carbs in general, papas tacos, and I heard on TV that Bacon is scientifically proven to reduce hangovers. Also Guinness.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    edith head said:
    dollar_bin said:
    Huevos con chorizo, beans, rice, and handmade tortillas.

i pretty much only switch between this and eggs benedict

yep
    except when i go polish bakerie&charcuterie;
    croissant with smoked cheese melted and slab bacon omelette

• Options
    Smoothies.

Some of my friends have smoothies everyday, even without hangovers.

• National Coney has saved my ass.

I couldn't find a picture of the Detroit delicacy, the 'Hani' (served at many a Detroit restaurant including National Coney), chicken finger strips on pita with American cheese and more.

Here's a coney though:

That will cure anything. It's like an inoculation - lol.

• Options
    I'd be afraid of my sewage backing out, I mean my sewage backing up, for some of these breakfests.

• batmon said:
    Sex

This is a funny one, I don't know what it is about hangovers.. maybe some chemical imbalance or something, but I get the super duper horn when I'm hungover.

Kinda crazy since its the last thing you wanna do when you feel like absolute schitt, but still...

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    egg and cheese on an english muffin, large coffee, aspirin, bloody mary, coconut water, strong herb, long walk, hot shower and a coke. not necessarily in that order.

• im all for big fat greasy meals to just make you slow down, get your mind off the headache and ease back into bed, but really the best straight up remedy is a big bowl of miso soup. and maybe later a banana. its always worked well for me. maybe its the sodium of it.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I've never felt any desire to wake up hung over and continue drinking. That's just weird to me. Fresh squeezed juice and coffee please.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    button said:
    I've never felt any desire to wake up hung over and continue drinking. That's just weird to me. Fresh squeezed juice and coffee please.

sometimes when you dj three nights in a row it's the only way haha

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Gotta cosign Tripdubs, the best thing to due is get a bento box with a double bowl of miso. Tempura provides the grease, plenty of protein with the sushi, and you're straight! The sushi spot by my office saves my ass whenever I roll into work after a DJ gig/ nite of drinking the night before.

• musica said:
    minneap said:
    If it's real bad I go for a Jameson and 2 Excedrin. Then it's usually the burrito spot by me for a huevos con chorizo burrito. I'll only eat half if I work that day (itis-r), otherwise I'll put the whole thing back and hope there's a good game on.

The Jameo/Excedrin combo is a key component though.

Jesus Christ, dude! Do you chew the excedrin and wash it down with the shot?

Nah, I can't ever bring myself to chew pills. I think the taste alone would make me hurl. I guess I just pop em in the back of my throat and hope for the best (pause). No shame in following the pills with water and then hitting the whiskey.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    The tripe soup from the excelent Mexican restaurant around the corner from us always works wonders for me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Migas & Fajitas from Trudy's has been my hangover cure for 20 years now.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Frank said:
    The tripe soup from the excelent Mexican restaurant around the corner from us always works wonders for me.

Tripe are "Kutteln", right? Just thinking of them and being sober makes vomit. I don`t what it would do with me when having a hangover...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    A whole food one-a-day multivitamin with a massive glass of water. Follow 15 minutes later with a double shot of vodka. Follow 15 minutes later with coffee. Follow 15 minutes later with a breakfast of your choice (must contain cheese, plenty of carbs, and some greasy breakfast meats). Then either go about your day, or get drunk again.