the best hangover breakfest?

jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
let's break it down in terms of taste and rejuvenation properties. i know i am always wanting to pour tobasco over everything when i am hungover for some reason....

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    From the old hotel diner by my house: smoked trout/goat cheese/spinach omelete w/ whole grain toast + chive hash browns and coffee

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    now THAT sounds supreme

• Meaty hippie hash + scrambled eggs + salt/pepper/Clancy's Fancy hot sauce all mixed up, toast, coffee at THE breakfast spot in Ann Arbor:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    menudo

• My regular come down breakfast is.

Bacon, Chutney, Advocado, Beetroot on Sourdough.

Or a BLT

With any or all of the following.....

Coke

Berocca

Bloody Mary

Disprin

Mylanta

Couple of beers and some gum before work.

• Ice, head massages and cool floor tiles also help.

And a shit.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Gnarly hill to climb up on a bike. Sweating it out is my move. Otherwise, it could be all day hurting.

Cold Coke in a can!

Bacon.

Cold pizza.

Just my basic everyday breakfast, I guess.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bacon - Cream of Wheat - Cherry Slurpee - 2 Tylenol

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I got a few vitamin B shots in the past year. That shit was crazed. That will rid you of any hangover for sure.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Huevos con chorizo, beans, rice, french fries and handmade tortillas. Unfortunately the place near me that made this dish to perfection closed and then burned down.

• Coke. Short stack (butter + syrup). Scrapple. Bagel (toasted, cream cheese, jellly in packets)...Oregon D-R...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

RAJ said:

now your talking raj haha

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Vitamin B, some sweating and weed. And bacon on bacon.

• Pho is my go to hangover food. Menudo also works pretty well.

• Sex, weed and the Rock Star Recovery energy drink (on in the yellow can).

or

Migas

• If I'm at a more traditional breakfast place eggs benedict plus spicy bloody mary is good

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    y`all trippin. The best you could imagine is a proper Wei??wurstfr??hst??ck.
    Eat a bunch of white saussages with sweet mustard and brezels.
    All combinded with a decent Wei??bier, preferably from upper franconia.
    Nothing can beat a proper renewed jag.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Breakfast Burrito!

• If it's real bad I go for a Jameson and 2 Excedrin. Then it's usually the burrito spot by me for a huevos con chorizo burrito. I'll only eat half if I work that day (itis-r), otherwise I'll put the whole thing back and hope there's a good game on.

The Jameo/Excedrin combo is a key component though.

• poached eggs, smoked salmon with capers and hollandaise on wholemeal sourdough.

kale salad with walnut dressing

PLUS a couple of Kevita or Kombucha (mango or guava preferably) drinks ;)

this is going to do the trick, guaranteed!! well, for me at least!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Snapping said:

Pho is my go to hangover food. Menudo also works pretty well.

YES. You have to sweat that bitch out.

Here's my last hangover breakfast:

A:
    chicken stock
    soy sauce
    fish sauce
    juice of 1/2 a lemon
    B:
    Chinese greens (i had bak choi, choi sam & little gem)
    spring onions
    coriander/cilantro
    chillies
    shiitake
    udon

Boil A, add B, wait 3 minutes, slurp.

all very good suggestions that i wouldn't turn my nose up at whilst in a state of disrepair. i am actually one of the only people i know that is down with the hair of dog. just one or two more drinks after breakfast, not going nuts with it!

minneap said:
    If it's real bad I go for a Jameson and 2 Excedrin. Then it's usually the burrito spot by me for a huevos con chorizo burrito. I'll only eat half if I work that day (itis-r), otherwise I'll put the whole thing back and hope there's a good game on.

The Jameo/Excedrin combo is a key component though.

after reading all of these, i think this one is my steez. thanks minneap!

• Anything with chorizo and cheese involved in large quanities, a joint and some aspirins ( alcohol and Tylenol is a no no).

i think weed would make me severely throw up but that's just me. whatever works!

i have been drinking these perry ciders all afternoon. 7% of hell. i think i am defenitley going to have to go for some of these suggestions tomorrow! thanks

• Cold pizza that you bought last night and fell asleep before you could eat it

• panang tofu, spicier than the fuck.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    Cold pizza that you bought last night and fell asleep before you could eat it

Exactly. Some of you dudes have different definitions of "hungover" than me. If I can leave the house for food or cook myself an elaborate soy-based Thai meal, I'm not really hungover and

When it's bad, a large glass of milk works well.