Brown Paper Tape... (shipping related)

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
I know we have discussed this before but where do people buy cheap brown paper tape?

The place where I found it they charged $4.99. Fucking crazy!

Do people ever use the brown paper tape where you have to soak it?

The whole idea of having different types of tape for different packages belongs to the stone-age. Please to be fixed!

Dress

Comments

• You're lucky you found it! I looked everywhere one day and ended up at the post office begging for some, lucky they were in a good mood and not busy...the lady there gave me a shit ton...I hate registered shipping.

• dreskieboogie said:
    I know we have discussed this before but where do people buy cheap brown paper tape?

The place where I found it they charged $4.99. Fucking crazy!

Do people ever use the brown paper tape where you have to soak it?

The whole idea of having different types of tape for different packages belongs to the stone-age. Please to be fixed!

Dress

Usually the USPS requires that type of tape on registered mail. I have only used it a few times when shipping to France or Italy and the post office always provides the tape/wet sponge to apply the tape/scissors free of charge. I'm guessing it is harder to tamper with the contents of the package with the brown tape rather than the other types of tape because when the post office applies the registered stamps it applies to the physical box and the tape. If the stamp was applied to regular shipping tape the ink would not stay, it would smear off. Hope this answers your ?'s

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I use ALL brown tape

plastic tape isn't environmentally sound

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You used to be able to buy it at Office Max or Office Depot but you have to buy a giant roll that will last about 50 years. If you're just buying it for registered mail though I wouldn't even bother. It's a totally worthless service. Spend a couple extra bucks and just print an express label online.

• hcrink said:
    You used to be able to buy it at Office Max or Office Depot but you have to buy a giant roll that will last about 50 years. If you're just buying it for registered mail though I wouldn't even bother. It's a totally worthless service. Spend a couple extra bucks and just print an express label online.

they don't carry it anymore, at least around here. Although it's a problem I wish I always had, it sucks when you have a lot of registered packages. I had about 30 45s all go over my $50 rule going to Europe a while back.. packing 30 45s with that paper tape takes a long long time.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    I use ALL brown tape

all brown everything

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Doesnt U-Haul have various packing materials, or any large storage warehouses usually have a packing merchandise area.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    all brown everything

New Das Racist single?