What are your neighbours currently listening to?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Our flat is not exactly what you could call soundproof and one of our neighbours loves to play his music at full blast singing along even louder.

Right now it's "Jesus He Loves Me" from Genesis.

What's your neighbours taste in music?

Comments

• One of my most enjoyable and calmest moments in life is when my door is open (screen door closed) and I nap on the couch while someone on the street is working on their car blaring banda music. It sounds like it'd be annoying and distracting (and probably is to most), but that music with the occasional wrench banging wafts so beautifully. I seriously love it.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i have no neighbours closer then 50m. the only sounds i hear are trains or sirens

• leonleon 883 Posts
    House music, everyday. It started 6 mnths ago (one of our neighbours' kids discovers this music and decides to play it loud) and we wonder when/if it will stop. Also we are not sure if we should complain because we want to continue to blast our sh*t whenever we want

Rminds me of the time i was a student and was really annoyed by the loud music a neighbour played all day. I decided to get into a week-long blasting contest with this guy downstairs, which ended with some kind of peacy treaty where we stopped blasting the stereo and changed to moderate use. Never even talked to him about it. Problem solved.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    leon said:
    House music, everyday.

Yep. The guy in the apartment to the left of mine and the people in the apartment below mine. Usually I don't mine except for when it is really late at night. Why can't they play Stevie Wonder and Earth,Wind and Fire all the time? Really bad house music too. Shitty techno stuff. How can you you listen to that all the time? I can't listen to it at all.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    To me it's not really disturbing but amusing. We always wonder how terrible it still can get. "Last Christmas" was on heavy rotation throughout december.
    You can hear it really loud in the hall but if you close doors of the rooms it's not that bad. So as long as it doesn't wake me up at night I'm OK with it. Especially because I like to blast my music too.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    A baby screaming.

age said:
    A baby screaming.
    this means its yours?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    SHHHHHHHHHHH!

you made me laugh

• minimini 879 Posts
    Our upstairs neighbour has teenage son from previous marriage who only lives here every now and then. He always blasts crappy Finnish rap really loud when he??s around.

• Herm said:
    One of my most enjoyable and calmest moments in life is when my door is open (screen door closed) and I nap on the couch while someone on the street is working on their car blaring banda music. It sounds like it'd be annoying and distracting (and probably is to most), but that music with the occasional wrench banging wafts so beautifully. I seriously love it.

This post has made me feel relaxed.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    My upstairs neighbor plays Cee Lo "fuck you" almost everyday for the past few months. What's with that?

Oh well, at least they don't complain when I play my jams loud late at nite.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    glen beck
    :ehhx2:

• ahh... my freshly-turned-21-next door neighbor -- he's got a rod stewart / ronnie wood hairstyle circa 73 -- we call him rooster. he just fucking loves to play the rolling stones ALL DAY. when he's not mick jaggering it up, he most likely is screaming / banging on cupboards / slamming doors / falling into things. dude is awesome. the best part about rooster is that on occasion a homeless looking woman in her late 50's, early 60's will come over and sell him pills.

the joys of cheap rent...

• Since I moved in 6 months ago it's been steady 90's r&b and horrible rap on rotation. One day last week, out of the blue, she just bumped Fela for hours. I ran down the hall, knocked on the door, and introduced myself. Turns out she's pretty cool. She said she loves the music I play and almost came over a couple times to see what it was.
    Thanks, Fela.

• Options
    Their TV.

• The guy upstairs only listens to Four on the Floor Techno, but from here it's just the bass kick.

• The 20-something gay dude across the way was blasting Eminem "Lose Yourself" the other month. Still trying to parse that one.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    my window faces a mexican/central american bar/restaurant that has singers/small bands on weekends... if i ever want to get to bed before 4am, it blows, but i did get turned on to this one summer evening:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    It's going to be hard to top breadwinner's neighbor. Hilarious. As with me, it's same deal with the kids listening to techno/house: redundant headache-causing shit.

• Me yelling at their idiot dogs to shut the fuck up...the beasts just bark and bark and bark.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Me yelling at their idiot dogs to shut the fuck up...the beasts just bark and bark and bark.
    same. a few sound like they are dying soon, but they haven't yet.

• Used to wake me up at 2 or 3 AM with any of the following concert DVDs:

Or this:

I came home late one night to hear him partying to DMX "Up In Here" and I felt like I was in a college rez time warp.

But he moved out this month! yay!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    In my old place the students in the room below mine used to play guitar badly and sang campfire classics like "Yesterday", "Country Roads" or "Father & Son". First time I stomped on the ground in fury until the morons stopped.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Usually it's Tool I'm told.

• woke up to this yesterday

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/19/AR2011021904714.html?wprss=rss_metro

literally.

even U2 would have been better than that..

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    biker gang rooftop trance-o-thon
    or slap bass practice dude

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    in an apartment block a few years back, it was 4pm every sunday. screaming sex noises. SHUT UP!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    jammy said:
    in an apartment block a few years back, it was 4pm every sunday. screaming sex noises. SHUT UP!

Hey Jammy,

Were you eavesdropping on my crib this afternoon? ;-) I didn't mean to put it down like that, but that's how I do. Afternooners are a beautiful thing. I love being married. :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

pcmr said:
    slap bass practice dude
    you life in the same building as seinfeld?