anyone still hung up on drumbraeks, check this shit out...

2»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    the one toward the end with the dune buggy was cool....
    but what was the point of all that??

guess i should point to the title of this thread here, haha.. but yeah i know, it does seem a bit strange, compiling wacky breakbeats..
    the background story is that i a while back wanted to do a little mix of the most common covered tracks with a drumbreak, it seemed that endless versions og put your hand in the hand, honky tonk women, tommy roes dizzy or stevies superstition kept turning up, i did not go out specifically to look for these records, they turned up by them selves, in the field always for dirt cheap of course, anyway, at some point, i noticed that the most frequent comeup among these breaks were chirpy chirpy cheep cheep.. i was like wtf, even the title is wacky, what does that mean? and the music, is even worse than put your hand in the hand which is pretty crappy once the song starts.. the unique thing too bout the chirpy cheep beat is that for the most part those drums sound sooo stiff, its like the stiffest beat around, haha.. and wacky, yeah i sorta liked that feel, so there you go!! ;)

utters said:
    No Mac & Katie Kissoon?

officially THE only useable drums on a version of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep

man, there is sooo many versions of this track out there, and like i said, i did not go out searching, they turned up automatically, just scratching the surface, and mac and kissoon has not turned up for me, i used about 24 different cuts here and there were a handfull joints that were just too boring or crappy sounding which i didnt include..

somewhat related:

bobtheorange said:
    upskiboo said:
    this one goes boom boom bap boom boom bapadap.. had a some free time yesterday and banged out this little schlager party.. putting doodoo records to work!!! ;)

That James Last and the one at 1:40 were dope. Whats the third one? Those claps are awesome!

that would be: 1971 top 12 on the uk boulevard label

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    the one at 1:40 is dope

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    upskiboo do you remember the break that ive asked you about a couple of times? i have a pic of it somewhere on my computer but couldnt find it right now.. thats the best danish break ive heard! id still be interested in your copy

doom said:
    upskiboo do you remember the break that ive asked you about a couple of times? i have a pic of it somewhere on my computer but couldnt find it right now.. thats the best danish break ive heard! id still be interested in your copy

hey Doom, no man, i dont remember that particular record, anything to go on other than dk breakbeat record..? was it a group or artist, what genre ?

• this was my secret squirrel euro drum break for a while when I picked up a copy in Italy 5 years ago...but I suppose if it is on youtube it aint a secret anymore...