Reggaeton Revelation.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Tony Touch was on the radio a couple of weeks ago promoting his new Reggaton album. He said that this sound has been around for 15 years and he's happy that it's getting the recognition it deserves. He also stated that the music is unifying the Latin/Hispanic community. I've been on record here at SoulStrut hating on this genre, but I must give respect where it's due. If cats are bonding because of this sound, well it's all love in my book. There is an article in the NY Times today about this unification. I still have yet to warm up to the actual art itself, but I've exercized my haterisms.

Comments

• the only reggaeton related stuff I have heard that I like always involves a hip hop acapella on top of a reggaeton beat(anyone have that Biggie-Hypnotize remix!??!!)

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i like that el general & nando boom,
    but that stuff's almost 15 years old,
    kimbo king inna panama

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I used to like the stuff from the mid nineties that had an electro beat and spanish chanting. That shit was tight. Some of it was reggaeton sounding as well.

• I used to like the stuff from the mid nineties that had an electro beat and spanish chanting. That shit was tight. Some of it was reggaeton sounding as well.

true that. they slapped a catchy name on something thats been annoying me since grade school.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

true that. they slapped a catchy name on something thats been annoying me since grade school.

i agree...

• my reggae weighs a ton

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my reggae weighs a ton

LOL

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i like that el general & nando boom,
    but that stuff's almost 15 years old,
    kimbo king inna panama

Indeed.

Tony Touch was on the radio a couple of weeks ago promoting his new Reggaton album. He said that this sound has been around for 15 years and he's happy that it's getting the recognition it deserves. He also stated that the music is unifying the Latin/Hispanic community.
    I've been on record here at SoulStrut hating on this genre, but I must give respect where it's due. If cats are bonding because of this sound, well it's all love in my book. There is an article in the NY Times today about this unification. I still have yet to warm up to the actual art itself, but I've exercized my haterisms.

Bump

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    DALE!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    MongoSlade(Matthew Africa) has a blog post with some early ass reggaeton from PR that sounds like latino hiphop from 1991 i think it's with now born-again MC Vico-C

I now prefer reggaeton to trance in the clurb but that is not saying much

• It's a Latin thing. You wouldn't understand.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I thought it was called moombahton, now? Either way, I'll pass. Not my cuppa.