busta fail

novocaine132novocaine132 337 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
dare someone to find even one redeeming quality here...

almost makes the three6mafia joint sound cool in retrospect...

Comments

• the one redeeming quality is that we have the choice to NEVER subject our ears to it again intentionally ;)

it's pretty horrible stuff

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    IMO, when he cut his locks he lost a lot more than just hair. I know it sounds silly but dude hasn't been the same.

• wow, that was some odd schitt, i am usually down for some crossover type ish, like some Busta & Natural Born Chillers - Dangerous or some Jungle Brothers Vs Aphrodite - True Blue, but that was total crap on some Rave or Die type craziness...lol

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    novocaine132 said:
    dare someone to find even one redeeming quality here...

Well it's got a chick shooting a fireball at a cobra, but other than that..... :oof:

• Breez said:
    IMO, when he cut his locks he lost a lot more than just hair. I know it sounds silly but dude hasn't been the same.

It's Samson-like how different he is without his hair compared to when he had it. But I always felt that Busta could shine on other people's work but couldn't do the same for his own. As a guest voice on someone else's work usually KILLS it, but doing his own thing?!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:

But I always felt that Busta could shine on other people's work but couldn't do the same for his own. As a guest voice on someone else's work usually KILLS it, but doing his own thing?!

I feel the same way about Method Man. Don't get me wrong, he's had his hot joints but he always sounded better as a guest, IMO.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Didn't like the song above.

I do think this is kinda dope.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    [Busta could shine on other people's work but couldn't do the same for his own. As a guest voice on someone else's work usually KILLS it, but doing his own thing?!

In the mid-'90s we called this "Q-Tip Syndrome."

b/w

Busta murders this shit, but it's more than a year old at this point. Has he done anything comparable since?

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    This is probably as good a thread as any...does anyone have the Busta freestyle over the "Forgot About Dre" beat? It dropped on wax about 10 years ago, I believe as the b-side to some other bootleg single. He kills it.

Think it was called "Forgot About Bus," but Googling turns up nothing.

• sounds like he is rapping to Jock Jams. i'm so sick of this soul-less 130 bpm level music.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hip House

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Hip Trance

• i heard that chris brown/busta/ twista/ lil wayne cut the other day in the car last week, and literally felt like i was 12 years old again, geeking over a busta rhymes fast rap...that track is a breath of fresh air on the radio 'round here...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Busta bit the Blowed.

• [Busta could shine on other people's work but couldn't do the same for his own. As a guest voice on someone else's work usually KILLS it, but doing his own thing?!

b/w

Busta murders this shit, but it's more than a year old at this point. Has he done anything comparable since?

Not since.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I love Busta.

B/W

STILL salty this shit never came out...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    I love Busta.

B/W

STILL salty this shit never came out...

hmmm whatever happened to this???

• put a busta acapella over pass that dutch. et voil??

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    devoglam said:
    i heard that chris brown/busta/ twista/ lil wayne cut the other day in the car last week, and literally felt like i was 12 years old again, geeking over a busta rhymes fast rap...that track is a breath of fresh air on the radio 'round here...

yeah he totally kills it in that track. Actually had me listening to chris brown !

• [Busta could shine on other people's work but couldn't do the same for his own. As a guest voice on someone else's work usually KILLS it, but doing his own thing?!

b/w

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

Busta Win.