Whur iz Betty Davis???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody hear anything about her life after recording? Any industry rumours?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Batmon,

There are no industry rumors. She left the scene, became born-again, disavowed her past life for the most part and refuses to give interviews about it. The only interview I've seen from the last 20 years was done for the Vampisoul anthology on Betty's music. I've been meaning to holler at her for years, just never got around to it. She's enigmatic, that's for certain.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Batmon,

There are no industry rumors. She left the scene, became born-again, disavowed her past life for the most part and refuses to give interviews about it. The only interview I've seen from the last 20 years was done for the Vampisoul anthology on Betty's music. I've been meaning to holler at her for years, just never got around to it. She's enigmatic, that's for certain.

Someone told me she wuz in BRooklyn.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Batmon,

I just saw someething in a recent issue of Mojo, and she was quite forthcoming about her previous rock & roll life.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Batmon,

I just saw someething in a recent issue of Mojo, and she was quite forthcoming about her previous rock & roll life.

Yeah, it was a good article.

I think it was written by the guy who did the liner notes for the Vampisoul comp. Maybe she's had a change of heart but I've known quite a few folks that have tried to get at her, including Vibe and Fader, and they all got shot down.

And I'm pretty sure she's in Pennsylvania, last I knew.

I think it was written by the guy who did the liner notes for the Vampisoul comp. Maybe she's had a change of heart but I've known quite a few folks that have tried to get at her, including Vibe and Fader, and they all got shot down.

Yes, the PA part rings a bell. I'll go home and check that article again, but I am pretty sure she talks about her friendship with Hendrix and kind of talks around the subject of Miles, but never gets into a lot of detail. If I remember correctly, she made allusions to some music project, but I will have to check again. She did not come off as overly-cagey about her past or present, however.

Yes, the PA part rings a bell. I'll go home and check that article again, but I am pretty sure she talks about her friendship with Hendrix and kind of talks around the subject of Miles, but never gets into a lot of detail. If I remember correctly, she made allusions to some music project, but I will have to check again. She did not come off as overly-cagey about her past or present, however.

Yeah, she was pretty forthcoming in the liner notes. It wasn't like she was dodging anything, it's just that she largely isn't trying to live that life anymore, you know?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I had heard rumor she was a hostess at a restaurant here in SoCal.

Batmon,

What Issue was it?

Batmon,

What Issue was it?

February 2005

Thanx!