Funk For The People Blog

skullsnapsskullsnaps 138 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Here's a great place to start exploring the 365 songs I have posted
http://funksoul.tumblr.com/post/353767445/sherman-willis-with-the-soul-superiors-darling

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This is the 3rd thread you've started about your damn blog. give it a fucking rest.

• This is one of the best funk blogs I've seen, thanks for sharing. Oh, but check the link you put up above, it didn't work and I had to use the one from your last thread.

• Okem said:
    This is the 3rd thread you've started about your damn blog. give it a fucking rest.

You seem a little hostile. After never mentioning my blog on here for more than a year I thought I would post a few links because I thought people on here would enjoy checking it out. If it's not your thing, feel free to ignore it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Hey Skullsnaps,

OKEM came off a little harsh, but I agree. You obviously got similar interests as a lot of us on here. Participate in the community. Don't just advertise man.

Great blog. Isn't Tumblr fun? Come check out mine: Bigmuff.tumblr.com

- spidey

• I guess I didn't think of it as advertising. I certainly don't make any money off it. I started the blog strictly to share music that I love with people who would enjoy it. After letting friends know about it and watching it draw only a small amount of traffic, I thought it might be a good idea to go to a place like Soul Strut where I assume there are lots of fans of this kind of stuff and spread the word a little. I don't quite understand why this would bother anyone on here. My intentions are pretty innocent. Of course I want more people to check out my blog, but for pretty innocuous reasons. I love sharing music, I used to DJ, but don't really have the time anymore, and this seemed like a good way to continue that interest. I hope that some of the people on here appreciate it and get turned on to some new records.

• Thanks for sharing, man. I just put a shortcut on my iPhone to have ?? look from time to time. So nice you can listen to the files directly on your iPhone without being redirected to RealPlayer or stuff like that. Compliments!

• I look forward to listening. Thanks.