Options

Caught (Risco Connections Related)?

edited August 2005 in Strut Central
A friend of mine in Sweden sent me an email regarding a Risco Connections 12 that went like this
Have you litened to my mumblings on your answer-machine? I bought it. But
before I pay, can you please check the pic of it, and confirm the
authenticity (or not):
eBay#: 4753468006
Unfortunately I didn't get to him before the auction ended and he won. I replied to his query
Sorry I'm late Magnus, but that looks like a boot - the text is all out of
wack. Matix should read JIH - 1001A and then the same thing with the "A"
scratched out and a "B" beside it.

Hope That Helps, Kevin.

P.S. You can have them contact me as a reference
My friend sent them my email and the corresponding matrix numbers to have them reply with this
hello, I'm sorry but someone stole this from our store yesterday and it
was too late to end the item.

Our apologies.[/b]
, K.

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Maybe those who stole this fine 12" also stole Edvard Munch's "The Scream."

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Naah, those were Norwegians.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So he tells them that he's not willing to purchase it because he's realized that it's a boot, and they counter with "Well you can't purchase it anyway, because it was just stolen"?

Or am I not reading this right?

• Options
    He asks them if they are sure it is an original because they stated in their auctions

THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE SUPER SUPER RARE 'RISCO CONNECTION - AIN'T NO STOPPIN' US NOW 12" THIS IS THE ORIGINAL 1979 RELEASE WITH THE RED BLACK ROSE LABEL!!!!!!!!

IT IS 100% ORIGINAL AND IN AS NEW / MINT CONDITION - DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE IT'S BEEN PLAYED!!!!!!.

GET YOUR WALLETS OUT! - LAST WENT ON EBAY FOR $168.00

...and only after they were asked to confirm the OG matrix numbers did they reply that it was stolen.

K.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    He asks them if they are sure it is an original because they stated in their auctions

{quote]THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE SUPER SUPER RARE 'RISCO CONNECTION - AIN'T NO STOPPIN' US NOW 12" THIS IS THE ORIGINAL 1979 RELEASE WITH THE RED BLACK ROSE LABEL!!!!!!!!

IT IS 100% ORIGINAL AND IN AS NEW / MINT CONDITION - DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE IT'S BEEN PLAYED!!!!!!.

GET YOUR WALLETS OUT! - LAST WENT ON EBAY FOR $168.00[/quote}

...and only after they were asked to confirm the OG matrix numbers did they reply that it was stolen.

K.

that shit is MAD

• Options
    HEre's their pic

and here's the OG complete with JA-dictated writing on the label

K.

• Options
    Here's some of the Risco/Glen Johansen Master tapes in mis-labeled boxes (some of them unreleased),

K.

• Buhuu, I'm left out without a copy ... let me know if you can sort me out with the damned platter.

By the way, Hi all (and to K, of course)!
    I've been away, from the list, for many months - Greetings to all.

Also, I just made a posting in the sales section - please have a look. jazz/funk/latin/rare groove/modern soul rarities for sale.

cheers/m

• He asks them if they are sure it is an original because they stated in their auctions

THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE SUPER SUPER RARE 'RISCO CONNECTION - AIN'T NO STOPPIN' US NOW 12" THIS IS THE ORIGINAL 1979 RELEASE WITH THE RED BLACK ROSE LABEL!!!!!!!!

GET YOUR WALLETS OUT! - LAST WENT ON EBAY FOR $168.00

K.

Beware of the fact that this ebayseller never[/b] has anything other than reissues, bootlegs and compilations up for sale. Just a heads up.