Options

Garbage Finds

edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Found a computer in the garbage. I had to clean it cause it kinda smelled, but it works.

Anybody else got any noteworthly dumpster pulls? :hi:

Comments

• I just pulled two of these in nice shape this morning - one for my store and one for my friend's:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i found a bunch of hiphop wax in the street on top of garbage in front of a record store
    a bunch of classic albums(illmatic,doggystyle,ATLiens) and 12'' singles(rakim,wutang,pharcyde)
    they did not smell, my girl was not super down for me pulling trash on crackhead avenue but...

also a perfect samsonite suitcase and a 3 level bar with golden interior

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    soulone said:
    Found a computer in the garbage. I had to clean it cause it kinda smelled, but it works.

Stellar first post.

• Options
    I found a clean box of stationery. The paper and envelopes are made out of pine, they smell lightly like evergreen.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I've pulled so much fun shit out of dumpsters over the years I don't even know where to start. I'll have to go home and make list.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Most recently was some Pelican cases out of a dumpster at work. When Mervyns shut down a while back I got some cool carts and manequin shit.

• u have pulled lotsa shit out of dumpsters from PC's/casio keyboards/Tim Hortons donuts after staying up all night painting/records/furniture/snagged a dope ladder once, lent that shit to someone and someone else stole it...lol/buckets of mistinted paint/snagged a retro chrome diner table from the Salvation Army once..still have that/3 Twin City milk Crates (them ones from yer local milk joint that fit rekkids perfectly)and some old discontinued Krlyon spray paint -- once in a life time dream for a graf writer..

another mans trash is another mans treasure...

i was a bit grossed out on the donut dealy but when its -15c out and your 21 and have a backpack full of paint and are slighted tripping on acid and you live a 3 hr walk away and its 5am and your man is in the dumpster eating honey glazed donuts...you bet your jumping in for some...

sayin...

• 15 of these ^^ in grey and green in different shapes. Original porcelain light shades which go for loot over here. But I'm keeping them cause they are so damn fresh.

• One of these in a dumpster. Too bad it's not working but I'll try to sort it out. Love the Philips portables!

• all my furniture!!
    i live right near a big ivy league university, so when the school year is over, its something of a neighborhood tradition to see what those little bitches throw out. friends have found jars of change, ipods, computers, printers (for days), millions of books (a lot of good ones), leather jackets. i always stock up on laundry detergent and dish soap. i dont think ive ever bought either. i once found a real nice full silverware set.

when i had to fundraise to bring six teens to california for a week, i scooped mad shit from when the students left and me and the kids sold it at a couple flea markets and raised hundreds of dollars

ive definitely found a lot of decent records in the trash. no grails, but joints that ive traded in for store credit to get some grails

• all my furniture!!
    i live right near a big ivy league university, so when the school year is over, its something of a neighborhood tradition to see what those little bitches throw out. friends have found jars of change, ipods, computers, printers (for days), millions of books (a lot of good ones), leather jackets. i always stock up on laundry detergent and dish soap. i dont think ive ever bought either. i once found a real nice full silverware set.

when i had to fundraise to bring six teens to california for a week, i scooped mad shit from when the students left and me and the kids sold it at a couple flea markets and raised hundreds of dollars

ive definitely found a lot of decent records in the trash. no grails, but joints that ive traded in for store credit to get some grails

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    pcmr said:
    i found a bunch of hiphop wax in the street on top of garbage...

It wasn't in the garbage, it was on top of the garbage.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I found an ibook. Case was in sorta rough shape and it wasn't starting, but I plugged it in, did a hard reset, updated the software and sold it for $500.

• tripledouble said:
    all my furniture!!
    i live right near a big ivy league university, so when the school year is over, its something of a neighborhood tradition to see what those little bitches throw out. friends have found jars of change, ipods, computers, printers (for days), millions of books (a lot of good ones), leather jackets.

Similar situation in the town I currently reside. There's a dedicated sidewalk week when everyone puts out their unused furniture on the sidewalk and if it's still there on trash day it goes to the dump. When I was in school, my roommate and I would spend a day every year driving through town and furnishing the coming years house. I bet we picked up and eventually recycled 25+ pieces of living room/dining room furniture. The best part was figuring out where the real rich folk lived and getting their plush-ass stuff. Couches, chairs, lamps, tables, frames, you name it. No beds though, we had standards.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was driving my work truck one day down a side street in Cambridge, MA, on trash day and suddenly realized I was looking at around 5 boxes of records sitting next to someone's trash cans! I all but skidded to a stop, pulled over on the curb and ran back to claim my bounty. I went to flip through the first box and realized all the records were literally fused together, victims of apparently a fire (massive smoke damage) followed by being under the fire hose (all covers soaked through and stuck back to back) ... there was literally not one salvageable album in the 5 boxes ... thankfully it wasn't some amazing collection, mainly 80's popular stuff like Elvis Costello, The Cars, etc. It was pretty funny how fast I went from VICTORY! to deflation in those moments though.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    this wasn't really in the trash, but a friend of mine had just moved into a new house. a couple of weeks after he had lived there he awoke one morning to find two crates of early 90's hiphop 12"s on his doorstep with a note saying "sorry, here's your records". he held onto them for a couple of months and nobody got in contact with him so he just gave them to me

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Sweet_Premium said:

One of these in red
    its also normal to find records, books and comics in the trash/dumpster around here.