Westbound 45 Discography?

bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I picked up the Westbound Sound of Detroit: Sensational Motor City Groups 1969-1975 CD recently and it got me wondering how much obscure 45-only R&B output WB and Eastbound had (I've only seen the popular titles IRL).Poking around, I found an interesting site with an Eastbound 45 discography.Now I'm hoping one of the funk-list masters can help me out with the other...

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I picked up the Westbound Sound of Detroit: Sensational Motor City Groups 1969-1975 CD recently and it got me wondering how much obscure 45-only R&B output WB and Eastbound had (I've only seen the popular titles IRL).

Poking around, I found an interesting site with an Eastbound 45 discography.

kinda odd that they'd do a discog for the subsidiary but not the main label

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    What are the rarest 45 pieces on Westbound?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Byron MacGregor

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Byron MacGregor

ah, the 45 digger's rite of passage

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Byron MacGregor

The message is timeless.

Byron MacGregor

I wonder how many breakbeat wanna-bes saw the flipside by the Westbound Orchestra and figured it would be a funky version of "God Bless America"? Hey, natural 50-cent mistake...

• oripsorips 238 Posts

Byron MacGregor

I wonder how many breakbeat wanna-bes saw the flipside by the Westbound Orchestra and figured it would be a funky version of "God Bless America"? Hey, natural 50-cent mistake...

Westbound's biggest seller.

• What are the rarest 45 pieces on Westbound?

Byron MacGregor

Westbound's biggest seller.

I just saw a documentary about CKLW where MacGregor worked and they interview Armen Boladian about the record.

What's even more interesting is that Byron MacGregor's record was a cover version...

• Anyone ever seen this before? Bootleg of some sort? Wonder how the sound is.

• Best of all...this is the B-side:

Has anyone seen this?
    It's not on any of the discographies online and I can't find any trace of it otherwise.

• NachoManCandySandwich said:
    Best of all...this is the B-side:

Has anyone seen this?
    It's not on any of the discographies online and I can't find any trace of it otherwise.

Not very good from what I recall. Had one in my trade box for a LONG time, might have put it out at the shop for a dollar. .

• motorcityfunk said:
    Not very good from what I recall.

You mean sound quality wise?
    I'm guessing it's an official issue, as the label (which looks odd for westbound) is the same as the 1980 original issue for the LP:

My reissue of the above LP sounds kinda butt. Hope this 45 is better... will have it tomorrow.
    I love "Stuck in the Mudd" though!