This ever happen to you?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
an aquaintance of mine (whose musical tastes i usually respect) sent me an email yesterday saying that he "just heard this AMAZING new hip-hop LP..." that it was "unlike anything out there... etc.." well, i checked it out via limewire, and even my 10yr old said "dad, this sucks!". have any of you heard this record? i'm wondering if i'm just out of touch or something.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have a feeling I'm usually the one on the other end of this.

"Dude, you gotta check out this Grateful Dead record!"

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    wow jeffy you have over 9000 posts!!! thats fucking awesome!... hahaha... i dont pay attention much anymore but just noticed... aww, ive known you since you had nothing but a couple thousand posts or less...

kumbaya white boy... kumbaya

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah, but i LIKE the grateful dead.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Well, who is it?

• busdriver- fear of a black tangent.

i have yet to hear it. what was so "wrong" with it?

the beats/music were pretty good, but the vocals sound like edan and carlton banks (of fresh prince fame) on speed or acid or both.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the beats/music were pretty good, but the vocals sound like edan and carlton banks (of fresh prince fame) on speed or acid or both. just fucking novelty raps.

the beats/music were pretty good, but the vocals sound like edan and carlton banks (of fresh prince fame) on speed or acid or both. just fucking novelty raps.

pretty much like beans, but with a hyperactive whiteguy voice.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    haven't heard that record but I'm betting its good compared to the "rap" they listen to at my local record store... I tell them regularly "this is the worst thing I've ever heard"

• the beats/music were pretty good, but the vocals sound like edan and carlton banks (of fresh prince fame) on speed or acid or both. just fucking novelty raps.

Yeah, Busdriver is an old school Project Blowed/Good Life head, so he's got that kinda intelli-freestyle flow.