LITTLE BARRIE, Y'ALL

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Been feeling em since '00. Any Strutters dig it ?

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    since day one
    why haven't they "made it" yet?

some trendy dick like ronson has to produce it for it to get over

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    good band-the modfather gives them lots of love

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    I'm definitely down with 'give me a microphone.' A secret weapon of mine for sure.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Good band, maybe just lacking that killer song that'll take them to the next level. Barrie Cadogan is a fucking badass guitar player.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Barrie Cadogan is a fucking badass guitar player.

Caught em at Secret Garden Party last year and the dude melted my face.

• Music = great. Guitar = superb. Voice = meh.

Been checking them for years, just something about his voice doesn't fit.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Good band, maybe just lacking that killer song that'll take them to the next level. Barrie Cadogan is a fucking badass guitar player.

Could be...I can't put my finger on it and maybe it's not even the songwriting but the production. They need someone with a different vision than them to pull them up a notch. We Are Little Barrie was a fanatstic debut but feels a little like they've been running on the spot in the intervening 5 years. Madly talented guitarist.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Could be...I can't put my finger on it and maybe it's not even the songwriting but the production. They need someone with a different vision than them to pull them up a notch. We Are Little Barrie was a fanatstic debut but feels a little like they've been running on the spot in the intervening 5 years. Madly talented guitarist.

I love the production on We Are Little Barrie, which had a really good vintage feel (kinda like Quantic Soul Orchestra) i.e. none of the tinny / crispy crap that seems to sonically oversaturate so many albums these days.

B/w

I think the 'running on the spot' was partly down to drummer issues.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Never liked Little Barrie, but I'm definitely feeling The Natural Yogurt Band.

- spidey

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I have the Memories Well 45 (probably my favorite tune of theirs) as well as We Are Little Barrie. Definitely a fan.