Here it is, a groove, slightly transformed: Willow Smith remakes "Summertime."

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Psych!

I figured since this thread got the chirps and the "Parents Just Don't Understand" thread was so popular, I'd get peoples' attention with a new thread title.

Anyways...
Jay-Z Will Produce 'Annie' Remake Starring Willow Smith
Jay-Z has made a deal to co-produce a new movie based on the musical Annie with Willow Smith in the lead role. Jay-Z will produce the film in a joint venture with Overbrook Entertainment and Willow's parents Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith. The project is a natural for Jay-Z ??? he scored a hit by adapting a song from the musical into the single "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" and Willow just recently signed a record deal with his Roc Nation label.

http://m.rollingstone.com/?redirurl=/music/news/digest-jay-z-to-produce-annie-remake-starring-willow-smith-50-cent-promises-new-album-20110126

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I nominate Slim Charles to play Punjab.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

elise said:

Fixeded.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this has all kinds of potential downfalls
    the success of fela is one thing
    reworking a broadway classic with a kid who has not performed live ever hummm

pcmr said:
    this has all kinds of potential downfalls
    the success of fela is one thing
    reworking a broadway classic with a kid who has not performed live ever hummm

Movie deal, not a play. Apparently the two meg-millionaires are teaming up to produce movies (plural). I'm excited to see what comes out of this.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn...this titled gutted me when i first read it....lol

• At the intersection of Telly Savalas and "The Wiz".

• Jay-Z Will Produce 'Annie' Remake Starring Willow Smith...The project is a natural for Jay-Z ??? he scored a hit by adapting a song from the musical into the single "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)"

lol.