Sundance: Why Phife Dawg Broke Down at the Premiere of A Tribe Called Quest???s New Doc

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    That's a real shame that Phife was the only member from ATCQ to attend.

Phife's Mum had it right. Why didn't they just stop acting like cocktards, let bygones be bygones and just enjoy the legacy they spent over a decade creating for a hot second.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    real talk Tribe was the soundtrack for my college days...in saying that my mofo eyes almost watered up when Phife broke down...(sike)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Boo fuckin Hoo...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Maybe they all remembered how bad the movie Zebrahead was at different times.

• So... what is Q-Tip's problem exactly?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Q-Tip changed my life

• Maybe he didn't show because he knew Phife would cry in public.

• atcq to perform as a group, roughly $150k

phife and ali with no tip $10- $12k

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    atcq to perform as a group, roughly $150k

phife and ali with no tip $10- $12k

I don't even wanna think about how cheap it would be to have phife rapping without ali.

• How much for just Jarobi?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    How much for just Jarobi?

COMEDY!!!!!!!! LOL

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    So... what is Q-Tip's problem exactly?
    Q Tip Says:
    The director of the film cannot speak to what is in my head abt the documentary, nor can this director EVER say the I dont speak for the group. When I say I do then belive me, I do.
    Tribe is no different than any other collective. We experience bumps bruises and disagreements then and we still do, but knowing our history and our messages in our music we will NEVER be taken advantage of like we were in the past.
    We dont care who it is, but we are truly thankful for your interest in our music and your interest in this flattering look at our career.
    B/w

• were these guys denied some massive opportunity at greatness at some point? srs question. so much 4080 talk from Tip over the years but I've never had anyone explain to me how/when these guys were done so dirty (beyond the standard we-feel-we-should-have-gotten-more-money/respect-considering-the-great-music-we-made or artists-always-get-screwed-by-management type thing).

• Somewhere, I don't remember where, but tip says they made a Grand total of 17,000 or something off of low end theory. Everything had to be recouped. The label didn't pay for anything and they didn't know what they were getting into with their contract.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Bizarre, considering that's the album with "Show Business" on it and all the 4080 talk mentioned above. How did he ever afford a brand new truck, butter-soft seats?