RECORD KINGZ, CRAZY WITH THE BEATS, RECORDS, ALL-A-DAT.

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I thought repeatedly sayin "Record Kingz" was nearly as annoying as it gets, but I was wrong.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is Beatdawg still around?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Fingers crossed for a :hayek: !!!!!!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    who the hell is that juliano guy and why should we know about him

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I dealt with Julian a lot when I lived in the UK. Had incredible records for the time... with prices to match. He really made a thing for himself passing off weird euro breaks to US hip hop producers who were more than happy to offload promos and TPs of rare hip hop 12s. Despite his rep, he really knows his shit... his personal collection is up there with the best.
    However his rep is not the greatest... shady at times.

• The Creators Album was sick as fusk with the beats/programming/overall sound & samples, not to mention the calibre of the MC"s that graced it........i'm gonna dig that shit out right now actually

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    1. The Creators record was insane.
    2. He has dope records. Obviously.
    3. His prices are sometimes fair, sometimes CRAZY + a lot of his secret squirrel stuff are common records from other countries....
    4. He's always been a stand up dude to me as far as buying goes. He would buy Japanese records off me for the same price I would sell them for on my list or eBay... so I ain't mad at him.

It is kinda wack he's selling hard drive packed of samples to producers. Isn't that kinda illegal?

b

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    I see someone mentioned beatdawg

anyone seen that 'Deep Crates' documentary? any good?

• djsheep said:

It is kinda wack he's selling hard drive packed of samples to producers. Isn't that kinda illegal?

wthh...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    utters said:

File under "good idea, bad execution". If you've ever read an interview with Diamond D, Lord Finesse etc. there's nothing new on that DVD - except seeing Diamond sweat like Patrick Ewing. But it proves the point that someone should have given Mr Walt and Evil Dee their own talkshow/reality show a long time ago. The Madlib clips are hilarious - his name is listed on the cover but it's him saying a few random things that cut off mid sentence, while high in a record store...

• there's nothing new on that DVD - except seeing Diamond sweat like Patrick Ewing

hahaha that was going to be my response as well, hilarious...

• Long after all my memories of Deep Crates have faded the visual of
    Mjukis said:
    Diamond sweat
    will stay with me, I'm sure. A big problem with documentaries of this kind, I think, are licensing issues. It's kinda hard to get excited about records being talked about when you have some generic beat playing in the background.

Recordkingz-- good for soundclips and marveling at the prices.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    utters said:

the 1st one is good
    good discussions

the 2nd wasn't really necessary but it has its moments. oh there's pete rock & marley marl

dc1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WBZQZ8GX
    dc2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5DA9S18D

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I like to browse the prices in their euro breaks section when i need a good laugh.

they are currently asking 35 euros for Robert Long-Homo Sapians. Shit, most stores in Holland will give you money to take that shit away. and 23 for Thijs Van Leer? PU-LEEZE.

Fuck, im having such a giggle at this, i will send the first strutter to reply to this thread after me, a Thijs Van Leer and other assorted Euro goodies. For free.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Really?

verb606 said:
    Really?

Really. I'm in a good mood.

PM me your address.

• hahahaha

• nzshadow said:
    I like to browse the prices in their euro breaks section when i need a good laugh.

they are currently asking 35 euros for Robert Long-Homo Sapians. Shit, most stores in Holland will give you money to take that shit away. and 23 for Thijs Van Leer? PU-LEEZE.

Fuck, im having such a giggle at this, i will send the first strutter to reply to this thread after me, a Thijs Van Leer and other assorted Euro goodies. For free.

When you're sending 1 record to the U.S., shipping would be $ 24...new shipping from Holland for worldwide shipping from TNT... So I hope you're not located in The Netherlands...

MR_ZIMMS said:
    nzshadow said:

When you're sending 1 record to the U.S., shipping would be $ 24...new shipping from Holland for worldwide shipping from TNT... So I hope you're not located in The Netherlands...

Yeah, TNT are assholes, but like i say, im a in a good mood so fuck it.

Verb606 needs to send his address though,

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    from the looks of the trailer on youtube, the deep crates thing looks really poorly executed... that's a shame

and btw recordkingz is excellent for finding out about breaks, and then buying them in shops for 1/100th of the price

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    It's kinda hard to get excited about records being talked about when you have some generic beat playing in the background.

Recordkingz-- good for soundclips and marveling at the prices.

that was kind of weird, watching pete rock talk about the making of something like T.R.O.Y, then they cut to a looped up thing from hardhitter?????????