RARE!!!!! EXCLUSIVE!!!!! SLUM VILLAGE - SOUNDCHECK - DILLA PLAYING BEATS

innercitymusicinnercitymusic 53 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    hmmmmmmmmmm....

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Proof that soundchecks and pre-gig routines are tedious no matter who's involved.

• The comments for Dilla youtubes are always comedy:

"This is the best video to ever be??? uploaded to YouTube. Ever."

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    The comments for Dilla youtubes are always comedy:

I agree. A lot of these dudes like Dilla because someone told them they should like him. It has become a trend to worship Dilla. Most of these posers weren't even fucking with him when he was alive.

• hertzhog said:

This YouTube Upload Changed My Life

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There are a lot of musicians I like, who I didn't know about until after their death.

Why does that discredit my passion for their music?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ^^^ J DILLA YOU TUBE COMMENTERS REVEALED!! ^^^

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I was lonely, living in an efficiency apartment with my goldfish, and aside from endlessly surfing the internet, I never really knew what to do with myself. Music, even by so-called all-time greats like James Brown and Stevie Wonder and Little Brother, never really did that much for me. But then one day, this non-particular blog informed me that I should listen to some now-deceased dude named Jay Dee aka J Dilla aka Dilla...and ever since I went ahead and did so, nothing has been the same for me. I now live in a plush, high-rise condominium with an electric eel instead of a goldfish. I eat all of my meals for free at stripclubs. And I'm currently as we speak sitting outside the home of Dilla's mother hoping that she might think that physically tackling her is the same thing as a polite invitation for her to give me some of Dilla's used macaroni and cheese boxes for me to sell on eBay.

• I totally make my opinions on music based on what type of person likes or dislikes it. i used to like dilla till he died, then people i don't cosign like it so I stopped liking it.

I am a SHEEP! and a pretentious asshole, who doesn't like music and has strong hate for imaginary people ruining my music taste.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    AndreBreton said:
    I totally make my opinions on music based on what type of person likes or dislikes it. i used to like dilla till he died, then people i don't cosign like it so I stopped liking it.

I am a SHEEP! and a pretentious asshole, who doesn't like music and has strong hate for imaginary people ruining my music taste.

Hey dude, just becasue in the end you wind up eating the face in your oatmeal that looks just like Dilla doesn't mean...aw, nevermind.

• HarveyCanal said:
    AndreBreton said:
    I totally make my opinions on music based on what type of person likes or dislikes it. i used to like dilla till he died, then people i don't cosign like it so I stopped liking it.

Hey dude, just becasue in the end you wind up eating the face in your oatmeal that looks just like Dilla doesn't mean...aw, nevermind.

Sorry i can't subscribe to your blanket hate of boogiemen desecrating your false idols.

• don't get me wrong -- i'm a fan and enjoyed watching this, but some people just take it too far.

damn yo, I'm??? gonna watch this 20 times!!

Tim073 1 day ago

probably houseshoes youtube alias....

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    breadwinner said:
    don't get me wrong -- i'm a fan and enjoyed watching this, but some people just take it too far.

damn yo, I'm??? gonna watch this 20 times!!

Tim073 1 day ago

probably houseshoes youtube alias....

Ummm...weren't they close friends??

Man, sometimes you "I've been on Dilla's jock since The Pharcyde days" dudes are worse than the "I've been on his jock since Donuts!" dudes!

Not hatin', just sayin'.

• Herm said:

Ummm...weren't they close friends??

probably since donuts...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    1. dilla made some good shit (G.O.A.T.)
    2. dilla made some average shit
    3. dilla made some horrible shit

i wish dilla stans could see points 1, 2, and 3, and not just point 1.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    djsheep said:
    1. dilla made some good shit (G.O.A.T.)
    2. dilla made some average shit
    3. dilla made some horrible shit

i wish dilla stans could see points 1, 2, and 3, and not just point 1.

These three points sum up my thoughts for all of my favorite producers including Jay Dee.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I think it's less about the music than it is about The Cult Of Dilla having reached a point where people will now openly cream themselves over YouTube clips of him buying cables in Radio Shack.

And yeah, I know it's just YouTube and the comments shouldn't really be taken seriously, but I'd suggest that sometimes things like these are a more accurate barometer of people's values than we might like to admit.