Chicago Hip House Documentary 1989

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Wow.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I remember watching this on Soul in the city or Much back in the day. Great memories THX!

• SIKK!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Yes! Bring it BACK!

Whatever is playing at 5:00, I want it.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Fast Eddie + Tyree Cooper > KC Flight

KC Flight ....do you know how hard this joint knocked(the instrumental) in the late 80's?? Had to be there...

• dude from kc flight, somehow decades ahead of the fashion trends.... black t with a grey suit jacket and jeans.

somebody once told me " if your black and from chicago or detroit... and dont like house or techno... somethings wrong with you"

in boston, its quite the opposite.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    dude from kc flight, somehow decades ahead of the fashion trends.... black t with a grey suit jacket and jeans.

somebody once told me " if your black and from chicago or detroit... and dont like house or techno... somethings wrong with you"

in boston, its quite the opposite.

"if you're a human and from Boston......and don't like shitty music.....somethings wrong with you"

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    dude from kc flight, somehow decades ahead of the fashion trends.... black t with a grey suit jacket and jeans.

Are you being sarcastic because that was fairly common in the 80's bruh.

• Takes me back..

• not hip house, but one of fast eddies best...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    elise said:

Anybody have an mp3 of this version? The Sex For Days version, which coincidentally, is what I'll provide you with if you share the mp3 with me.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    one of my all time faves

This one was big in Chi back then too

This one was HUGE

This one was pretty mega too...

which spawned this one...I saw this dude perform this at the Taste of Chicago back in 1988 on the WBMX stage.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Whoa. Can't believe there is a music video for this..........

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Crazy. Never saw this video...

I remember this one! Hip-House KRS-ONE dis record................

COMEDY

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

This Megamix was killin' it back in the day.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Not a bad LP (some Tony D productions as well as the Hip House bits)

More Fast Eddie this is still dope....literally....and why Fast Eddie is a house legend

not hip house but hey.....

damn damn damn we used to jack to this joint....I remember coming to Chicago in the summer of '88 w/ my high top fade, oak tree gear, wild pair patent leather kicks and pulling honey's....this song was the back drop

I am old school I remember when heads from Chicago wouldn't even dance to hip hop PERIOD....I remember when this female got salty cause I played this NY house joint....

still riding.......

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    not hip house but hey.....

Classic!

• I grew up near boston, and hip house sounds corny to me. I clicked on this thread hoping that something here would change my mind, but it just confirmed my opinion. i feel like it is where a lot of good artists fell off. i will buy a 12" by an artist that made a classic, like mc shan, or jungle brothers, or queen latifah, and it will be a hip house track. i pull the needle off and put the record in the sell pile. actually, hit me on the pm if you want this type of stuff. i hate the hip house remixes on hip hop 12"s too.

if you think i am wrong and hip house is great, well in a way it is making a come back. i would call much of the club rap of today hip house, because its mcs rapping over house-type tracks. we will see how long those tracks stay hot. even in the documentary, they are clear that its a commercial style.