RAER! What ever happened to that guy that everybody got that from??

innercitymusicinnercitymusic 53 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I remember it was some overseas guy that would try and post up but couldn't write in English very well. He was constantly being clowned on too in the early days.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    innercitymusic said:
    .... some overseas guy ........... He was constantly being clowned on too in the early days.

Plus ca change....

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Was it that Le Toupt guy, and everyone kept repping this piece of fire until he left in a fit of rage.

I wasn't here at the time, I have only heard the legend.

Some say that his spectre still roams the boards to this day looking for DJ Leacy braeks plaese.

:hayek:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:
    innercitymusic said:
    .... some overseas guy ........... He was constantly being clowned on too in the early days.

Plus ca change....

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Haha, I've heard the stories about this dude too. I would live too read some of the threads that all this got started on. I can only imagine how some of you "senior strutters" were ripping this dude. Please tell me some of these threads are still around.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Breez said:
    Haha, I've heard the stories about this dude too. I would live too read some of the threads that all this got started on. I can only imagine how some of you "senior strutters" were ripping this dude. Please tell me some of these threads are still around.

All that shit is still around on the Internet Archive Waybackmachine.org

Let Toupt is Le Bomb:

Hello everybody,

It's little etrange to speak very long after the legend.
    but I am the real Le Toupt on Soulstrut, from paris. from Thiais exactly next to paris. i was looking for rare breaks when i dig on soulstrut, soulseek, ebay and with some dj. I was very young and after i stop searching because i stop dance.

i see that Mr raj mahal ( i spoke with him on AIM long time ago) and he used my nickname in one of his song, with "his baguette" meaning Break Fast.

I make research on Me , and it s very very very funny to see that as i understand, the word RAER is a funny expression.
    really i don't understand Why, but it s make me very smile because i don't use this word intentionnately.

So maybe can someone, explain me since how many time, who use this word, why exactly. because it s part of my life that i just discover.

I used the nickname Kebfriend on Aim mean Friend of Keb darge.
    if someone can reply.

Today i don 't dig yet, but sometime i listen good beats of dj woodo, dj ben, longtime ago i listened dj leacy, but it s happends bag thing to him.

i see Mr Daniel Gross ask WHERE IS LE TOUPT, so I M HERE.
    maybe you can explain me the legend.

i know i asked a lot of rare beats , the true is that i trade with a lot of poeple for songs. and to trade i need rare fast and drums beats... like final song of BOTY battle of the year.

i m little sad because i lost my password on soulstrut, i don 't use it since longtime, i change manytime of email adress and for login it s difficult.

So if you want also today to give me rare song, you can send to me the links in my emailbox : for example : camouflage - you've got the power. sweat talk - time's tunnin out. i like these right know with lyrics.

I forget a lot of my culture song, before i remember i try to get rare song of Boz scaggs , i don 't know these songs, but i see just the pochette a lot of time so i deduce that maybe, i will find break fast.

Thanks to every body,

Axel - nickname : Le Toupt.

Why le Toupt; it s nickname that a friend give me when i was 17's old. it s means " LE TOUT PETIT " in english ''the little boy'' and we use to cut all the world. so my nickname was "Le TOUPT"

Peace,

i m waiting for you answear to explain me what is funny with RAER and all this legend of me..

Thank

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    RAJ said:

Hello everybody,

but I am the real Le Toupt on Soulstrut, from paris. from Thiais exactly next to paris. i was looking for rare breaks when i dig on soulstrut, soulseek, ebay and with some dj. I was very young and after i stop searching because i stop dance...............................................................................i m waiting for you answear to explain me what is funny with RAER and all this legend of me..

Thank

Raj, wasn't this on facebook last year? I know I've seen ^^^^^^ before.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Breez said:
    RAJ said:

Hello everybody,

but I am the real Le Toupt on Soulstrut, from paris. from Thiais exactly next to paris. i was looking for rare breaks when i dig on soulstrut, soulseek, ebay and with some dj. I was very young and after i stop searching because i stop dance...............................................................................i m waiting for you answear to explain me what is funny with RAER and all this legend of me..

Thank

Raj, wasn't this on facebook last year? I know I've seen ^^^^^^ before.

Yes.

rare fast and drums beats

:cheese:

Does this dude know that his freestyle french to english vernacular inspired the name of a 2005 4-track compilation released on MPM records ?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i never knew of ''the little one'' part which is even more hilarious

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Lambert getting name checked by Le Toupt!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Love the freestyle French to English vernacular. Come back, Le Toupt.

• I remember years ago I wanted to get the website www.raer. com but didn't get it when it was available. Someone beat me to it. i wanted to post up all types of breaks and samples on it.

• innercitymusic said:
    I remember years ago I wanted to get the website www.raer.com but didn't get it when it was available. Someone beat me to it. I wanted to post up all types of breaks and samples on it.

Can anyone find the original 'Buy a copy of Endless Flight' thread on waybackmachine?

Or the thread where Pap kicked up a shitstorm by poasting that ass grab picture?

• RAJ said:
    I used the nickname Kebfriend on Aim mean Friend of Keb darge.
    if someone can reply.

straight comedy

The OG breakbeatraer thread:

04-15-2002 - CAN U TELL ME SOME BREAKBEAT DOPE AND RARE plaese

:face_melt:

• CAN U TELL ME THE BEST BREAKBEAT OF Leo Sayer pelase thanks !

"Don't Hate the Sayer, Hate the Game" has a pretty nice intro beat, but I think it was only released as a B side.

Muhaha

• "i try to get rare song of Boz scaggs"

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts