Labcabin 45 Platter appreciation

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

Why did they stop making these?

Not only are they good for DJing but they're perfect for use with my VPI cleaner. I can use as much cleaning fluid without worry that it will soak the cork pad...and something about the slightly raised height usually allows the vacuum to work without needing the screw clamp.

Comments

• We had them in our store & sold a few from time to time. There are still people who think they're too expansive. All they see is a plastic platter & tell us they can make it themselve (which they'll never do). They can't see something like this as a great tool / investment. Me myself, I'm still very happy with the 2 I bought at time!

• I have those and they're pretty cool......but once I got these, I never looked back:

• NiteKrawler45 said:
    I have those and they're pretty cool......but once I got these, I never looked back:

GAME CHANGERS.

• Sorry, where can I buy the 45 slipmatts? LABCABIN has 'world edition' not what I want.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Got a pair of the Dr. Suzuki Donuts joints...totally brilliant in its simplicity; one of those items that make you think, how come no one did this before?

1) It works for both "big hole" and "little hole" 7"s, which you can't do with either Mats Mat and Turntable Lab joints.

2) Both the top and bottoms are mad grippy. One problem with the TTL adapters is that, if you backcue too fast, the 7" loses grip and ends up not cueing to the position you'd ideally want. I've never used the Mats Mat but I'm assuming it'd have the same problem if you placed it on top of a 12" since it's not made to grip a piece of vinyl beneath it.

3) It retains the basic feel of cueing/scratching with a 12" vinyl since you are using a 12"!

Game changers indeed. I'll still keep the TTL ones since they really are perfect to use when cleaning 45s on the VPI but Donuts, ftw.

Btw, I got mine from Stokyo.com for $25 but I noticed that they're now out of stock AND they jacked the price up to $35! Beatstreet in Canada is supposed to get them back in too but they said "it'll be a week" about two weeks ago so...

• *bump*

Are the donuts still the ones to get? Did they last? I don't see them available in the US anymore but are they still around in Japan?

*edit*
    I see they are available at stokyo. A little more expensive. I think I will cop.