BAND X LP price (ebay-r)

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
is $400 an abberation? or a new standard? i caught mine at the fmu record fair in 2009 for $50 thinking it was a $100 record tops. great album!

Comments

• it seems to be the new standard--there have been at least 3 auctions that have gone that high recently...
    same thing w/the related Craig Peyton record...

b/w

i have a nice 2nd copy of this available...

• damn. i remember hearing when Kon scored this record for 50 cents at Stereo Jacks in Cambridge and I had no idea what it was. I guess his comp is partly the reason the prices have gone up...?
    very cool record.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Yeah I paid big ol' whopping $1 us dollar for my minty copy. I honestly can't believe record prices lately.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Wow... that seems high, but that will happen. I traded a record I found a few copies for a dollar each for it so that's almost like getting it for a buck!

• store owner: you want this?

me: um, what is it?

store owner: I think its jazz

me: nah, it doesn't look like it. no thanks

WHOOPS

• On the one hand, this record is great and surely deserves a better price than what it was fetching last I checked. Perhaps a year ago when I was trying to trade for a copy they seemed to be barely breaking the $50 mark. Across multiple auctions. I've bought and sold this record several times for $100 prices. Seems to be fairly plentiful in the Northeast.

$400 is crazy. But what are you gonna do.

I'm sure the price will die down when whatever mania that currently inflicts this corner of the record world has receded.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    you read my mind. i was buggin out seeing this go for over $500 and since then it hasnt really come down. sometime early last year someone had that record as a buy it now for $80 and even then i debated scoopin it because i thought that was too much.
    is there another record board hyping this up? id like to own a copy before 2017 without paying out the ass.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    I honestly can't believe record prices lately.

I've notice some minor shit has turned major and vice-versa. Some things have had major drop off.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Breez said:
    DeeRock said:
    I honestly can't believe record prices lately.

I've notice some minor shit has turned major and vice-versa. Some things have had major drop off.

Shit's bizarre. Feels like late 60s - late 70s soul is at an all time low, and "loner folk psych" is at an all time high. Throw a "xian" in there, and hang on to your hats.

• i need to sell some of this loner folk xian private press then.

• I had that copy here somewhere!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    i need to sell some of this loner folk xian private press then.

Along the same lines....if there is even the slighest hint of a jehri curl on the album cover, best be safe and tag it as "modern".

• I guess I'll throw my grumbles in the "was-trying-to-get-this-when-it-was-$50" crowd.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Hey, can anyone help me out with mp3s of the pyramid love LP?
    Also looking for a trade on this one, let me know.