Starbucks Trenta

pimlicosquirrelpimlicosquirrel 772 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Is this for real? People be buying beverages by the bucket over there.

Comments

• been there and done that

poured from and tipped back

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Totally for real. I was reminded of how the other 95% live a couple months ago. I hadn't seen a McDonalds commercial in a long-ass time, nor been into an actual McDonalds in a way longer time. But yeah, I was at my Ma's zoning out in front of the TV when this MickyD's ad came on. I was totally floored by the size of the sodas these two love birds were drinking from on their McDate. Seriously looked like comedic props to me, but its what passes for normal nowadays..

• 900ml is nearly a kilo of beverage, people out there must be super fit from constantly hefting them.

• I'm more interested in that new Snoop song that sounds like starbucks mixed with mdma... wtf???????

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You have to factor in the amount of ice in the cup. The actual amount of immediately consumable liquid is less than max capacity.

• i recall being a young child and playing at the bar while the adults had their afternoon pints. and i distinctly remember thinking "how can these people still be thirsty?" after watching the red-nosed men ordering their fourth or fifth pint of beer.

if you've ever had a night out where you just get absolutely gunned, just think about actual amount of liquid you're consuming. it's totally absurd.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    You have to factor in the amount of ice in the cup. The actual amount of immediately consumable liquid is less than max capacity.

Exactly, people seem to be missing this key point. I look forward to having a trenta iced chai latte w/skim when the weather gets warmer.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Scott said:
    Reynaldo said:

Exactly, people seem to be missing this key point. I look forward to having a trenta iced chai latte w/skim when the weather gets warmer.

You want a Bluetooth with that, ma'am?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah i read about this in the paper the other day, i mean every so often i get down on some Grande Chai Latte action, but even with the grande i find by the time i get to the bottom of it, its cold, couldnt imagine drinking anything larger then that, specially a Trenta...

next year they'll introduce the Starbucks Kegga, a keg sized drink, for those who just cant get enough...lol

• Reynaldo said:

Exactly. It's iced drinks only. Henceforth, I will be ordering my iced coffee in a bucket.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

It's all about science.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Scott said:
    Reynaldo said:

Found out yesterday that SB chai is a concentrated :weaksauce: mix.
    Thats why schitt is served so fast.

• Burns said:

Found out yesterday that SB chai is a concentrated :weaksauce: mix.
    Thats why schitt is served so fast.

as far as starbucks chai latte goes: end result > process