mass emails / email lists services

kemskems 120 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I know there are cats on here who run labels and other businesses that have the need to send mass emails to advertise their product / business. I've been doing some research and am looking at one of the following spots to start an account.

Mad Mimi - www.madmimi.com
YMLP - www.ymlp.com

Can anyone shed some light on these or better yet put me onto something that is even more affordable or that would do a better job? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Keep it simple go with the mainstream, ^obscure.
    www.mailchimp.com
    www.constantcontact.com (stuffy)
    www.streamsend.com (OK and all, but moved to mailchimp instead about a year ago)
    or whatever comes up when u search 'HTML email'

• i use Constant Contact all the time w/the magazine I work for. meh--it's hard for me to get too excited about it. i haven't used others, but mailchimp sure seems nicer... another mainstream choice i see used a lot is icontact.

what exactly are you going to be using one of these services for?

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Appreciate the feedback so far. Essentially, I'm just goint to use this to send out an E-Newsletter periodically for releases that my label is putting out. I'm assuming i'll have to somehow upload my master mailing list to whatever service I choose and then use their templates to create some sort of decent looking email. Similar to the emails I get from Stones Throw or any of the other decent sized indie labels I check for.