FOLK HEAT??

innercitymusicinnercitymusic 53 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
Any suggestions to some really interesting Folk rock , acoustic type stuff with some funky undertones anybody can think of?? Looking for some interesting suggestions for a project that I'm going to be part of.

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Paging Rockadelic......

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    There's the more obvious stuff, eg Bonnie Dobson, Kathy Dalton, Terry Callier, yada yada. Then there's all the "RARE XIAN PRIVATE PYSCH FOLK" fare. And honestly, not to sound like a douche, but you might as well just go to poopsike, type in those exact words, and do blog searches for some of the more interesting / valuable stuff that comes up (oh, and you can omit "xian"). In my experience, the rarer pricier stuff in that world is generally more valuable/sought after bc it's good. But again, that just my experience.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    Then there's all the "RARE XIAN PRIVATE PYSCH FOLK" fare. And honestly, not to sound like a douche, but you might as well just go to poopsike, type in those exact words,

^^^This is usually the best bet when researching records for general info or just finding the most hunted titles. After hitting "poopsike" take that info to youtube for a taste test. Good luck.

• Much appreciated!!! Thank you I will research what you guys recommended.